“Fantastic Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 367 Hotels in Jaipur
Sandy, Utah, United States
“Fantastic Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

This place was pretty great for us. It was very new, nice, clean, inexpensive, and comfortable. They have a fantastic restaurant with room service. The staff was very helpful to us, with just one down fall. When I booked a room, they sent a confirmation email and said they would have a driver at the train station waiting to pick us up, but that didn't happen. It wasn't hard to find another driver, just a little inconvenient. But all in all, the staff was very attentive to our needs, they were very friendly, and the price is unbeatable for everything you get. I would absolutely recommend this place for Jaipur visits.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
18 Thank Leighann M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

My friend and I traveled to Jaipur for a short weekend trip. We took the bus from Delhi and got into the Jaipur bus station around 1AM, where the Hotel Moonlight Palace had confirmed that they would pick us up. I called the hotel to ask where the driver was, and no one picked up until the sixth time I called them. They informed me that they did not do pick up after midnight. That is fine ... I understand that it was a late arrival, but they had confirmed multiple times that they would pick us up (we even saw "1AM Pickup" written under our name in the reservation book at the front desk.) After getting a far too expensive rickshaw to the hotel (it is far removed from the city and extremely difficult to find - no rickshaw drivers know where it is) we arrived at the hotel which was locked. We banged on the door and called until ten minutes later, someone finally showed up. When I gave them my email booking confirmation, they looked baffled and took twenty minutes to get us a key. They put us in a room, where my friend and I unpacked and settled in. A man came ten minutes later telling us that he had put us in a more expensive room by accident and that he needed us to move. By now, it was 2 AM and we had already unpacked, so we begged him to let us stay in the room for the night and then move during the day, but he insisted that we would be charged extra. We packed up and were relocated to a room in the basement with a shared bathroom and a squat toilet. I am all for cheap traveling, and have stayed at my fair share of grimy hostels etc, but I was a little surprised by this.
Other than this experience, our time was relatively fine. The service at the restaurant is incredibly slow, but the food is pretty good and there is a nice view. The people at the front desk were very helpful for the most part, but that experience from the first night was really an unnecessary hassle and put the hotel in a negative light for me.

Room Tip: Basement rooms have shared bathroom with squat toilet and lots of fun bugs. Might be worth it to spe...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
13 Thank reesehauen
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012 via mobile

I booked for the cheapest room by email and got its confirmation, but when I arrived at the hotel 10pm, they told me that this room was not available and they would give me another expensive room with some discount. To me it was still expensive though and I found it unprofessional as my booking was already confirmed. However, they told me that the cheaper room could be available next day and i could move in. I had no choice other than staying in this expensive room in that night as it was 10pm.
Next day the cheaper room was not still available ( I ended up with staying in this expensive room for 3 nights).
When I was checking out, they even insisted me to pay 2 nights with expensive room's price even though it was totally their fault of double booking.
Shame as the hotel itself was new, clean and beautiful with free wifi and a nice roof top restaurent...

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank RHfromJP
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

We arrived by bus, so this hotel was convenient for us. I booked it for that reason and also for the value. Book well in advance for the best price. We arrived about noon and were checked in by a very friendly and helpful front desk clerk. friendly staff, clean & bright room. You'll never go hungry while you stay in this hotel.

Loved my stay at this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
16 Thank Patmant70
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

It is very nice hotel and good price.
Especially the staff in this hotel is very friendly and kind.
Rokesh who is the staff guided me to the ATM around hotel in midnight.
It was really helpful for me.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo