“Welcome respite”

Ranked #38 of 380 Hotels in Jaipur
Hartford, Connecticut
“Welcome respite”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This review is belated, but sincere. I was a solo traveler in India last summer. I arrived in Jaipur in the middle of the night, hot and exhausted, arriving from Agra and previously from Varanasi. After being hassled by touts in those two towns, I was finally able to let my guard down when I met Janu at the train station in Jaipur. He quietly earned my trust and I agreed to see this hotel. First and foremost on my mind was a shower and a rest! Once those basic needs were met, I was able to thoroughly enjoy the charming decor that has been mentioned in previous posts as well as the rooftop restaurant. The staff were particularly friendly and attentive. Janu even took me to one of the highlights of my stay in India - a visit to the local guru! I definitely recommend this hotel for road-weary travelers! And say "hi" to Janu for me!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
23 Thank dailyadventurer
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed for 4 days in the Moonlight Palace and it provided everything we could want. The biggest asset of this hotel is the staff. Niam, the owner, is incredibly attentive and is prepared to go the extra mile to make sure your stay is a good one. We had a great driver, Kahn, who drove us round the city for a day at a very reasonable price.

The rooms are clean (and cleaned every other day if you want), with big and comfortable beds and good bathroom facilities. The free wifi is also handy and everything is provided at a very reasonable rate. If we were to come to Jaipur again, we would definitely use the Moonlight Palace.

• Stayed April 2012
16 Thank Juckes
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We've never contributed to Trip Advisor before, but use it for recommendations all the time, but the Moon Light Hotel was such a fantastic stay that we had to tell people about it!!

The value for money for this place was brilliant. We were made to feel at home when we walked through the door and this continued throughout our stay. The amazingly painted ceilings and walls were all done by hand and look beautiful. You can tell some real effort went into the design. Our room was gorgeous with clean white sheets and a great balcony. Every member of staff was attentive to our needs and were hospitable and approachable at all hours. The roof top restaurant was really convenient and the food was delicious and cheap. I had a problem with one of the shops I visited who was making something for me, and not only did our driver come back to the shop to argue with them, the manager Naym was on the phone very early in the morning on my behalf. Our driver was Nadeem and he made our tour around Jaipur extremely easy and showed us the best of the city. His English was brilliant and his company and experience of Jaipur were invaluable. When getting a driver from the hotel, ask for Nadeem specifically.

All in all a great experience and definitely somewhere we'd stay again :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
17 Thank WillyPow
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I spent two nights at the Hotel Moon Light Palace recently after it was recommended to me by a hotel owner in Agra (where I had been the previous day). The room rate was literally half what I was going to pay at my previous reservation (which I changed once I heard about this hotel), and I was pleasantly surprised at what I got for this rate - a very clean, comfortable room, and really wonderful service. For example, as a woman traveling alone, I was concerned about how I would get to the station for my 3am train to Jodhpur at the end of my stay. In this case the owner/manager himself woke up at 2am and drove me to the station! They definitely take care of their guests, and I have already recommended this hotel to friends of mine that will be visiting Jaipur later in the year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
17 Thank A L
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Hotel Moonlight was a great place to stay- we were only there for one night, as we'd pre- booked other accommodation, but would have been happy to stay here for longer. We had a pick up at the bus stop, which was a God send, and were allowed to have dinner on the rooftop, even though it was later than they usually stay open. Our room had everything you need and the staff were really helpful. It's a little further out of the centre than other hotels, but really easy to pick up a tuk tuk. A metro system is being built, which will make it a fantastic location in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple