“Beautiful Hotel, Great Service, Great Price!”
Review of Khandela Haveli

Khandela Haveli
Ranked #41 of 382 Hotels in Jaipur
Jersey City
“Beautiful Hotel, Great Service, Great Price!”
Reviewed 29 September 2011

This hotel was the nicest I stayed in during my Golden Triangle tour, great charm, service, and very nice accommodations. It's a little outside central Jaipur, which may make it difficult to find for some, but this also helps cut down on traffic noise, and my driver had no issues in finding it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank BrendanKuntz
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2011

This was my final hotel whilst on my golden triangle tour with Icon India Tours and I have to say that I really enjoyed my stay here. My room was large with a/c that worked very well, and a large bathroom. The room was very clean (by any standards) and the heritage hotel itself was really lovely with its rooftop pool and was a great way to end the trip. I found my stay to be relaxing and the large queen sized bed was easily the most comfortable one of all my stays during my time in India.

Of course nothing is perfect, and you can always find something negative, and for me it was the over-the-top service I received at check-in and up to my room that made me feel a little uncomfortable. I had one bag (which I always carry myself) pulled away from me and taken up to my room where I was accompanied by not one, or two, but three bellman who nervously and excitedly told me all about the room in a whirl of broken english and hand gestures. It was quite funny, but also a little bit much. That being said this was the only negative to my stay, everything else was just great.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank RSReynoldsTravel
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We stayed here in low season, so we paid about half the normal fare, the place was very beautiful, a heritage haveli clean and well kept. Our room was big, clean and had every comfort, except for the noisy AC, everything was OK. The only reason not to choose this hotel could be the location...it's near the station and far from everything else....however you can take a tuk-tuk from here to the old city for about 40-50 rupees (bargain and insist if they charge you more, believe me, we asked and local people pay only 30 for the same run). The staff was incredibly nice and helpful, and the restaurant is very nice and serves good food. Breakfast is also good and you have free wi-fi. I would recommend this place, but I wouldn't pay more than 2500 rupees for it, 'cause you can find clean and nice accomodations in India for 1000-1200 rupees.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Giramondo_1984
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 May 2011

The hotel is in a quiet neighbourhood, far away from the noisy, chaotic city-centre.
The hotel is nicely decorated and gave a great heritage hotel atmosphere.

We stayed for 2 nights here and had 2 rooms. The rooms were nice, cozy, clean and spacious. Although our rooms were next to each other, one of the room had no TV. We told the person in the front counter about this; he told us he would look into it but no action was taken :(
Some of the staffs are not friendly, probably because they can't speak and understand English.
If possible, please request for a ground floor room, as there is no lift and the rooms on the 2nd Floor could be very humid and warm especially during Summer.

Breakfast selections were limited but the food was alright. The menu for lunch and dinner was reasonable.

Wifi is free but only accessible at certain part of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor or 1sr floor Room
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Annie L
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Lovely Haveli - nice rooms with everything you need - free wi-fi - good food - very friendly staff - good value for money - the only negative point: you need a car, the place is far awaw from the major sights of Jaipur.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first foor!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple