“Good looking rooms, bad looking service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Royal Palazzo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jaipur
Hotel Royal Palazzo
Ranked #250 of 465 Jaipur B&B and Inns
Bengaluru, India
“Good looking rooms, bad looking service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

I arrived in Jaipur and was ushered into a spacious hotel room, and I was quite happy about it. The room was clean and good. But the service was painfully slow many times and needed reminders. It was very cold outside, and there was no hot water available (only luke warm water available). Early morning (6 am) I got ready for going to airport and realized that there was no hot water for me to bathe. Seriously, considering the cold winter, I don't understand why they were not able to provide something as basic as hot water. Breakfast was not upto the standard. The people at the reception desk were quite helpful. Overall, i have mixed feelings, though more or less don't think I will stay at their hotel when I visit jaipur next time.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Raghu M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hartsburg, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

This hotel was okay but it was by far the worst hotel we stayed in during our 27 days in India. No hot water but it was, at least, bearable (not ice cold) and the room was clean. Front desk staff were helpful and friendly but one individual seriously overcharged my friend for 'mailing' several postcards which never arrived at their destinations. Breakfast was okay but breakfast room was dirty (and one morning, I found mouse droppings in the cereal-yuck!). There was a wedding the weekend we were there and breakfast omelets were delivered to our room that day since the breakfast room was unavailable. The rooftop restaurant was very good.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
asansol
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

we a group of 11 men, stayed here on 13th n 14th of July 2011. we got a good bargain, wherein we checked in on 13 th morning at 5.30 am and checked out on 14th, 7.00 am for ajmer. The whole deal was for only 1400.00 inclusive of one breakfast.The AC was good, rooms were clean and spacious, staff was courteous, but breakfast was too simple. no eggs etc. that is breakfast is what the hotel serves. Evening snacks were not upto the mark, imagine 3 leg pcs in a full tandori chicken. but overall a good stay

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank naughty13
Rajasthan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

As soon as my University declared two days holiday, in addition to the weekend off, I decided to take a short trip to Jaipur. I chose to stay at Hotel Royal Palazzo at a friend's suggestion and sent my travel details to them.
My train arrived after midnight and I was pleasantly surprised to see a pick up taxi waiting for me. I stayed for four days and I found the whole staying experience very comfortable and hassel free. The staff was very courteous and attentive to all my requirements. I had my own itenary and sightseeing plans and they were all managed with much ease by the hotel staff. All the positive small details mattered to me very much because I was travelling alone and didn't know much about the city. Another good point about this hotel is its location. Its near to railway station and also close to the main markets. I have saved the hotel details for future reference and I strongly recommend it to fellow travelers.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank psych10
Helsinki, Finland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

Definitely the worst hotel I've stayed at while touring India. Rooms were not ready even though reception said we can move in right away, so some of us had to wait for an hour for them to get cleaned up. Anyway the 'cleaning' didn't help much as they were still dirty, damp and smelly. We had to sleep in our sleeping bags.
But whatever you do, avoid the breakfast at all costs or risk getting seriously sick within hours! Considering that's also far from center there is no reason someone would want to stay here.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank carpet-flier

Travellers are raving about these Jaipur hotels