“Not a good hotel..avoid”
Review of Hotel Laxmi Niwas

Hotel Laxmi Niwas
Ranked #110 of 386 Hotels in Jaipur
New Delhi, India
“Not a good hotel..avoid”
Reviewed 28 August 2010

I booked this hotel based on the reviews but when I reached there I was shocked. The hotel was dirty. A boy was sleeping in the reception area. When I asked the person at the reception about the booking then he told me that he is not aware which room is booked. I told him that I have booked a super delux room and asked him to show the room. The lobby was dirty and the room was dark and unclean, including the bathroom. bedsheets where dirty . I asked him to show other rooms . But the other rooms where also equally bad. I decided not to stay in the hotel and moved to other hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank kiranHi
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 10 June 2010

When I was in India we stayed at Hotel Laxmi Niwas, Jaipur, India. Everything was very clean, the service was great and the rooms were very cozy. When we wanted something to eat, we never had to look far, as there's a restaurant within the hotel that served some of the best Indian food we had tried throughout our entire travels in India. We felt safe and it was very centrally located. If I ever plan on going back to Jaipur, I would definitely stay here again!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank natsvis
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2010

What a lovely experience we had in Jaipur while touring the Golden Triangle. During a visit by five family friends and I to northern India before a wedding in Delhi, we had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Laxmi Niwas in Jaipur. Following a long drive and touring numerous spots, we were welcomed in the spacious areas and by a warm welcome from hotel staff. Thankfully, we discovered there was a restaurant within the hotel where we found a lovely gem.

My friends and I had pleasure of staying for two nights at the Hotel Laxmi Niwas and found the accommodations spacious and highly adequate. The luxury came with the food and the warm reception given to us by Pramendra and his family. The cuisine was lovely and very tasteful, with their chef providing us quite a meal. On the second night, upon learning it was the birthday of a member of our group, Pramendra went through the trouble of helping us celebrate and really went all out to help us.

I recommend the Hotel Laxmis Niwas wholeheardtedly, as it provided us with, not just a place to stay, but a comfortable one with great food, lovely people and a great impression of Jaipur and India overall.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
6 Thank RMSAquitania
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 10 March 2010

Going to Jaipur, I was a little hesitant after reading the news about the bombings that happened a long time ago. We set up our arrangements through a tour company in Delhi. When we arrived at the hotel, I didn't see many other tourists, and we were all completely tired after our trip to Ajmer and Pushkar straight from Delhi. At first look, the hotel looks fairly plain. We all decided to have dinner at the hotel and we had probably the best food that we had in India. The owner told us that the cook was gone for the evening (and many of the dishes were unavailable to order), yet the food was amazing (beyond some 5 star hotels that I have stayed in). On the second night, when the cook did come back, the food was equally as good as the first night. I personally met the owner and his son and their hospitality made you feel as if though you weren't just a guest, but a personal friend. Their internet service was faster than most of the internet cafes that you can go to. I don't usually write reviews, but the service, hospitality, and quality of the food at the Hotel Laxmi Niwas make it a true diamond in the rough.
Victor S.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank vicalexs
Quito, Ecuador
Reviewed 6 January 2010

My friend's marriage was organized in Jaipur, so we went there for 2 days. I had early morning flight on the 3rd day, so we decided to stay near Sanganer Airport in the Laxmi Niwas hotel.
The hotel is a budget hotel with very moderate prices. we paid around 2000INR for 2 nights stay. That included complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast too.
Complimentary News paper is also provided to each room. There is ample parking space available in the hotel., the rooms were also clean and well decorated. Multi-lingual hotel staff was also very helpful. would recomend this hotel for people on budget as it is really value for money.

• Stayed October 2009