“Service always with a smile”
Review of Hotel Baba Haveli

Hotel Baba Haveli
Ranked #59 of 381 Hotels in Jaipur
Angeles City, Philippines
“Service always with a smile”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The owner, Vijay Gautum, is a very kind and generous man. He has a permanent smile on his face and provided excellent advice and service for me during my stay in Jaipur. His hotel, in actuality, is more like a nice guesthouse. It has a very homey and comfortable feeling to it. It's very clean and well maintained. He also has a hotel car that he hires out at a very reasonable rate for all his guests' tour and transport needs. He provides a map, and very sound and useful tips on how to make one's stay in Jaipur a safe and memorable one. The location is not great, so that's a mild negative; it's a bit out of the way, and far away from the City Center and other locales. But on the positive side of things, you're well away from the hustle and bustle of city life. It's in a safe neighborhood that will give you a sense of how the locals live. There's no real necessity to stay in the heart of the city. As long as you have the transportation you need to get to the old city, the city palace and Amber Fort and other sites, then staying on the outskirts of the main action was perfectly okay for me, You'll get a comfortable sleep there, and the good service and concern the hotel owner show to his guests is invaluable. And you can't beat the price. It's very good value for the money, and should I return to Jaipur, I'll surely stay there again..

Room Tip: Be careful of the auto-rickshaw and cycle rickshaw drivers. They get lost easily. Make sure you brin...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 1 April 2012

my friend and I stayed here for two nights a few weeks ago. The place is really nice and has great character! The owner Vijay has put a lot of work into each and every room, and had really great artists paint traditional Rajasthani scenes in every space (the lobby, commons spaces, and our room). Really beautiful paintings and furniture. Mr. Vijay is very accomodating and helpful and SUPER friendly and nice to chat with. We arrived VERY early in the morning (6 am), and he was happy to let us check in early, and upgraded us to a "super deluxe" room for no extra charge. The room was comfortable and very clean! We had a nice balcony that overlooked a back garden area. The Hotel is a short rickshaw ride away from the old city of Jaipur. Mr. Vijay gave us lots of recommendations of places to eat/visit while we were in town. He also gave us advice on how to avoid getting ripped off! We used the hotel laundry service and had our clothes returned to us beautifully pressed and clean, for a very low price. I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Jaipur!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We enjoyed the beautifully decorated and furnished room, the friendly and welcoming manager and owner and his associate driver Kalu whose service we appreciated very much.
Very clean and well maintained. We felt welcomed and liked the energy of the place very much.
Breakfast (continental style - don't expect fancy fruit salads or specialities) on the roof top which provides a far view over Jaipur.
The diner we had at the house was delicious too.
Free Internet and WiFi in some parts o the hotel.
Definitely a homely stay

• Stayed March 2012
firenze
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Very good hotel and very nice owner. I'll come back to this hotel as I'll be again in Jaipur.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Hi everyone,it's been so nice to stay at BABA HAVELI and I am so impressed with the hospitality of MR VIJAY GAUTAMA and his sons. It was like I am in my own home. MR Vijay has helped a lot in my Rajasthan trip so I am so thankful to him. I must appreciate KALU,the driver of this hotel,who was very polite,always smiling and also good in driving. If anyone is planning to visit Jaipur please don't think twice just go to Baba haveli as I assure you you will enjoy your stay !

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple