“Ratan haveli”

Ranked #34 of 507 Jaipur B&B and Inns
hyderabad
“Ratan haveli”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

i was there from the 12th december to 15 th dec-2012..Though it is situated in a very busy place, Brahmpuri, it is quite cosy.. The haveli has been redone and restored with all the glamour of its past. The whole place is very peaceful and elegant. You are greeted every time with a smile and ready to help nature of the staff..The rooms are very well maintained ,with good washrooms . The food at the restaurant is good.There is a tree on the center of the haveli which is home to hundreds of the local sparrows,which make a chirping ,soothing sound in the morning and evening . It is a good experience

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank samrudhiHyderabad
Karma_Royal_Group, General Manager at Karma Haveli, responded to this review, 21 December 2012

Greetings from Ratan Haveli, Jaipur!!

Many thanks for making time to review our resort on Trip Advisor. We are grateful for your valuable comments. Your reviews are very important to us and help us to improve our services and commitment to serve better.

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we met your expectations of great services.

We are grateful for your views on the food quality and have communicated the same to the Food & Beverage department.

Anurag Khanna
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We are members of RCI and had booked two rooms at Ratan Haveli. The rooms were very small and were not given the same near each other, though we were a family of 4. the least the management could do was to give us adjacent rooms. The hotel is situated in old Jaipur and the approach road is very very narrow, so whenever our hired car would come to pickup/drop us at the resort, there used to be a lot of honking and would create a minor traffic jam.
On the other hand, the staff is exceptionally good, courteous and smiling. The food is also good, though there were a few things on the menu which were unavailable.
We had gone during Diwali week but there were no arrangements for any celebrations, hardly any decoration/diyas. I think some effort should have been made as going out on the streets during evening was maddening because of the traffic and many roads were also closed for vehicular traffic.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank perceshb
Karma_Royal_Group, General Manager at Karma Haveli, responded to this review, 20 November 2012

Greetings from Ratan Haveli, Jaipur!!

Many thanks for making time to review our resort on Trip Advisor.
We are grateful for your valuable comments as these are very important to us and help us to improve our services and commitment to serve better.

We are glad to know that our staff met to your expectations of great services and are grateful for your views on the food quality.

We always try for arrangement of adjacent rooms to the family but sometimes it is not possible due to full house of the resort.

We are making efforts in revamping our menu and I am sure you will find a great improvements at resort the next time you visit us.

Roorkee
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I had driven my car from Roorkee to Jaipur on 10 Nov. 2012, and therefore needed a pleasant and relaxed sleep on that night. Seeing the location of this Haveli disheartened me a lot, but thanks to housekeeping staff who provided all necessary things on reaching there. The room was quite good and pleasing. After having a hot shower, I could relax comfortably and had a nice food i.e. Rajasthani Thali. I had very sound sleep. Thanks to well informed Mr. Tarun Sharma, who guided me for my travelling and other related issues during my stay at Jaipur. Being a local guy, he was of great help to me since he knew all locations such as Shops, Restaurents, Malls, Cinema halls, Palaces, Forts etc etc. He also handed over a list of local attractions and a guide map. I had a single terrible experience of food especially Gulab Jamun that contained a foot nail within it. That night I could not sleep and had several vomits. However, the restaurant staff apologized for it and cited reason that the sweet was procured from some outside vendor. They further informed that they have discontinued the procurement from that vendor now and would look out for better one.
I had a very bad experience with one Project Director Mr. Aryan Ashar and staff Mr. Martin. To my surprise, I had come across some of the worst sales and marketing personnel here.
The sales staff were ill informed about Odyssey and DAE live. On checking websites, I found everything contradictory to what they had said. They were bent upon to just grab money from members in name of upgradation or other issues.
On being asked, how to utilize the membership in best way, they started saying that I shall not be able to use it since I have points lesser than 185 and moreover, they make me feel as if I have committed some crime on accepting the RGBC membership for just 15 years.
I think such senior staffers should at least be updated before sending them in field, moreover, they should be taught how to behave with members.
Hope this is taken in right spirit.
The members have some alternative good choice of multi cuisine food at nearby places such as Sharma Pavitra Bhojnalya.

Room Tip: Ground Floor rooms seems to better.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Brajesh23
Karma_Royal_Group, General Manager at Karma Haveli, responded to this review, 19 November 2012

Greetings from Ratan Haveli, Jaipur!!

First of all thank you for making time to review our resort on Trip Advisor. We are grateful for your valuable comments. Your views and observations are important to us and help us to improve our services and to better understand of our guest’s needs.

We are glad to know that our House-Keeping staff and Mr. Tarun met your expectations of great services.

I heartily apologize for all the inconvenience caused and as per our conversation I assured you that we have done improvements and have taken special care on outside procurement.

I also apologize on our sales staff behavior and have communicated the same to the department.

Yes, we have definitely taken your valuable comments in right spirit am sure you will find a great improvements the next time you visit us.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Being members of RGBC and having already visited Goa, Ratan Haveli in Jaipur was the next choice for our family vacation in October (Dasara Holidays). As my family and I were travelling from the airport to the Haveli, the question that I was pondering was, 'What could I expect from Ratan Haveli', considering that the photos on google were not encouraging, and they did not have an official website explaining all their facilities and so on and so forth.

After an hour's ride through Tonk Road and the old city's narrow lanes, we finally reached the Haveli, which is in the midst of a busy area. And the first thought that crossed my mind was, "Who puts a resort in this hustle and bustle?" but I had no time to ponder on the question, as the big iron gates opened to reveal an inviting courtyard. We went into the reception to check-in and the front desk executive (Ms. Manju Sharma) went out of her way to make sure we got the perfect rooms. As my grand-father could not climb the stairs she conveniently gave us a room on the ground floor which my dad also shared, but for my mom and me she took us to the second floor and showed us a room which had its own tiny little verandah and the master bedoom. My mother and I immediately agreed to stay in that room.

1. Rooms
The room was equipped like any other hotel room and had all the facilities required. And even if it lacked something the housekeeping would always be ready to get it for for you.

2. Food
Food is usually the one thing travelers worry about, and the trick to enjoy food is to order the RIGHT food. To illustrate, you are in Jaipur, an ethnic city of India, famous for its spices, you cannot order Lasagne Bolognese and expect it to be good!! You need to order the food that the region is famous for like the Indian breads, the vegetable/chicken curries, etc,. Another trick that might help is to learn the basic words like 'murg' meaning chicken, 'chawal' meaning rice etc, so that you have an idea as to what you are ordering.

Breakfast served in the courtyard is reIaxing and if you are tired of ordering the delicious food from the restaurant, walk down the road to 'Sharma Pavitra Bhojanalaya' and enjoy the delicious authentic local cuisine (the aloo parathas and paneer burji are an absolute must!). In the evening, walk further down and you can gulp down golgappas, aloo tikki, even dosas and idlis from a roadside cart.

3. Travel
The Haveli has a nice travel desk in the reception that caters to your travel. They have full/half day tours, visit to the Son-et-Lumiere at Amer fort, etc, and all you have to do is confirm it, choose the vehicle you want and you are all set to go to explore the beautiful city of Jaipur.

P.S: If you can understand and talk Hindi (the local language), please ask for Lalith to be your driver as he would make this experience even more memorable through his knowledge (humour also) of the city and taking you to (shopping-important for my mom) places only a true Rajasthani would know.
You can also walk around and find some interesting things like the 700 (you may want to count) step climb, but I will leave the exploring to you.

4. Facilities
The Haveli has a gym (surprisingly!), table tennis, a small library, video games on a PS2, and a small pool (it's not a pool in an actual sense, it's an ancient bath like structure where you can relax) and the most important wi-fi (it works!).

In conclusion, Ratan Haveli has been an excellent experience as it caters to everything a traveller (family) needs, relaxation and adventure.

And I almost forgot.......... Welcome to the Wild, as well. During your stay you will find all kinds of creatures walking around, hundreds of sparrows flock together on the tree in the courtyard, tiny colorful birds flying around, monkeys sitting lazily on the roads, pigs/wild boars walking around, camels pulling carts, horses, goats and the most important....(drumroll)... elephants returning home after a long day at the weddings!

Enjoy!

Room Tip: "Choose rooms on the second floor as it has amazing view to wake up to.."
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank silvertongue52
Karma_Royal_Group, General Manager at Karma Haveli, responded to this review, 14 November 2012

Greetings from Ratan Haveli, Jaipur!!

Many thanks for making time to review our resort on Trip Advisor.
We are grateful for your valuable comments as these are very important to us and help us to improve our services and commitment to serve excellent.

The staff that made a difference to your stay will be suitably commended for providing great service.

Agartala, India
Reviewed 27 October 2012

The Hotel is Excellent in Hospitality specially the Staff i.e Miss. Manju Sharma and others were helpful in all respect and they made my stay feel at-home. Specially Miss. Manju, She helped us in all respect. I miss her and the total tour programme. Thanks nce again to all members of the Havelli.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family