“Frankly, quite outstanding!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 481 Jaipur B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Frankly, quite outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

Of all the places that I stayed on my trip to Rajasthan - and there were many - this haven was way, way ahead of the pack. The accommodation was spotlessly clean, beautifully decorated and furnished. My room was large, comfortable and had every conceivable facility one might require. It was as comfortable and clean as my own home - if not more so. However, as if that wasn't enough in a country like India, what really set it apart was the amazing food and attentive pampering of Shveta. Her food was absolutely fantastic, and was prepared and served with justifiable pride. She offered a tasty and diverse fare that would suit all palettes. I also enjoyed the long and hugely enjoyable evening conversations with Kul. We seemed to put the world to rights over a few beers most nights, and Kul - I hope you're enjoying the MP3 music!

In practical terms, the homestay is a bit out from the centre of Jaipur, but thank heavens that it is. The location is a quiet idyll. far from the maddening crowd. I stayed a full week, and enjoyed every moment - the highlights were Amber Fort, Galta Monkey Temple, the observatory and the frenetic bazaars. I also enjoyed the daily laughing yoga sessions in the park every morning.

I can't recommend Jaipur Friendly Villa highly enough - book it, you won't regret a moment of your stay!

Room Tip: From what I saw, all the rooms looked great
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Jill L
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

When I pulled up outside, I thought that my driver had brought me to the wrong place - this was the grandest house I had seen in my time in India - but I was wrong, I was indeed staying with the Carringtons (for those old enough to remember Dynasty). My room was huge, in fact my bathroom (with jacuzzi) is almost as big as my bedroom back home. Also, this was the only place during my whole stay in India (probably around 15 different hotels) where my bed was made up for me whilst I was out. The hosts are brilliant. Dinners great. Best ever filling breakfasts with homemade jam. Shame that Tripadvisor doesn't have a six star option!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

This is a wonderful home stay. We had a delightful time. My favorite parts were the meals, talking with the family, watching walkers in the park in the morning from the balcony. The room is very comfortable and it's a quiet retreat from Jaipur. I'd highly recommend this as a place to stay for anyone in Jaipur! Though you need to take a rickshaw from the sightseeing areas, it's not too much trouble and well worth the peacefulness of the stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Stephanie987
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

We loved Jaipur thanks to our amazing host Shveta and Kul.
They have a very lovely and warm home and are amazing hosts who will take care of you effortless. I was a bit worried that Jaipur will be a lot of hazzle. But with the help of our hosts this became a great and relaxed destination.
They gave us many tips what to see, organised drivers and rickshaws, and made us feel at home.
The rooms are spacious and very modern. The bathrooms are spotless . All the things you need you will find in place. If you like they even offer a Jakuzzi. If your lucky you might have the chance to hear the "Laughing Yoga" in the backyard, just join in. We loved the food, breakfast was lovely and very various. Every day there is something special from Shveta to try. So be prepared to put on weight. Yes, the location is a bit outside but you will need a driver or an auto-rickshaw anyway to see all seights, so for us this was no problem at all. I preferred to be out of the hazzle of the town.
We also would like to recommend the driver Jogindar. He is an excellent driver, very sweet and pleasant person, who will drive you exactly where you wanna go and nowhere else.
Shveta and Kul are very welcoming hosts and we had 2 very lovely and funny evenings with them after our daytrips. Thank you very much for this lovely experience we will keep your in best memories and we highly recommend this place.
Saskia & Michael

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank katatjuta
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

I spent one night at Jaipur Friendly Villa and loved it. Shveta and her family are lovely, rooms are clean, bathrooms are great and the food is delicious. Highly recommended. If you get the chance, have dinner at the homestay, great local food.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo