Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Caves

We had a great day yesterday at the caves with Jay as our driver and guide. He is knowledgeable and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Janehughes49
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great experience

Jay was recommended by the hotel we stayed in Mumbai; We went for a 3 hrs long 'trip' to the slams... read more

Reviewed 8 December 2018
Kris S

All reviews full day tour great tour great guide and driver safe driver highly recommend this company kanheri caves slum tour laundry information knowledge sites tours tailor india temple stories parts
Reviewed 23 May 2015

I recently did a full day tour of Mumbai with Mr. Karan from Mumbai Live. He was a great guide and driver during my visit. He is also very friendly and will get to know you well during your visit.

The company is flexible and will work with me to meet any specific requests or needs you have.

If you chose to do a full day tour, I recommend researching any specific places you want to see. Many of the default tour sites are very close to each other and do not take much time. Therefore, if you have additional sites, they will add it to the itinerary.

Date of experience: May 2015
MumbaiLiveTour, Marketing Executive at Mumbai Live, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Dear Lorenzo A

We glad to express our thanks for your great review and recommend ! We're extremely pleased that you enjoyed your recent tour of Mumbai and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your experience even better next time you

Reviewed 24 April 2015 via mobile

I was in Mumbai for only a short time amd wanted to see as much as possible. My hotel recommended Mumbai Live. Eveything went smoothly and my guide Was very polite and helpful. A good day.

Date of experience: April 2015

Dear Carol H

We glad to express our thanks for your review and recommend ! We're extremely pleased that you enjoyed your recent tour of Mumbai and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2015

I had just one day in Mumbai so I wanted to cram in as much as possible. I contacted a number of tour companies (as listed on Trip Advisor) setting out what I wanted and asking for their suggestions and a quotation. It's worth doing this as the responses varied a lot, eg. some just quoted their standard tour, ignoring my request to see particular places. Mumbai Live came back with suggestions that reflected my preferences. They also promised to look after me as if I were a family member, quite reassuring to an older lady travelling alone.

As I only had one day I asked for 6.30 am start and for the day to run through to 5.30 pm. Harish, my guide, and Prakesh, the driver, turned up in good time and by 6.45 am we were at Sasoon Dock for the fish market. After that we visited numerous places including the extraordinary Victoria Terminus, the dabbawallas, the dhobi ghats,a Jain temple, the university and the Oval maidan, Khadi shop (don't miss this shop, it's brilliant), Mani Bavan/ the Ghandi museum, all explained well by Harish. Then we visited markets: Crawford, fabric and spice where Harish turned out to be a good shopping companion, helping me to choose fabric, spices, soaps and incense.

It's such a busy crowded city but I felt safe - even when crossing the road which is really quite terrifying! Harish and Prakesh even found a shoe mender who could stitch my bag that has split along a seam. They were flexible and tried to fit as much as possible into the day. I recommend this company: it's personal, caring and reasonably priced. They listen to your requirements, tailor accordingly and look after you very well.

Date of experience: April 2015
10  Thank Annie W

Dear Annie Wooden

We glad to express our thanks for your amazing review, appreciate recommend ! We're extremely pleased that you enjoyed your recent tour of Mumbai and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2015

We were struggling to find a tour operator that we liked the look / sound of in Mumbai especially as we wanted to book all our tours with one firm. A bit risky as if we didn't get on with the tour guides or like the tour content we could have been in trouble.

We contacted Mumbai Live! months before we were due to fly to get the tours just as we wanted. The superb service started at that point.

The owners, Nick & Kitty, were wonderful in terms of replies and information provided.

After much deliberation we decided to book all our tours with Mumbai Live, which turned out to be one of the best decisions we have made in all our holidays.

We booked:
A half day bazaar tour
A full day tour of Mumbai
Tour of Elephanta Island
A Dharavi Slum tour.

As soon as we landed we had a lovely email off Mumbai Live welcoming us to India and reconfirming all our details.

About 15 minutes before the start time of the 1st tour, our guide, Ganesh, and driver, Karan, arrived. This proved to be a constant every day whereby Mumbai Live! would ensure driver & guide arrived well before time to ensure a prompt departure, as the traffic is Mumbai is very heavy they wanted to ensure there were no delays at the start of the tour.

On each tour as soon as we were seated in the car we were handed bottles of water and advised to use the seat belts.

Throughout each tour it became clear there was excellent team work going on and both Ganesh and Karan were bouncing off each other with their humour, which in Mumbai traffic was much appreciated and all the while both were imparting facts, figures and snippets of information!

On the bazaar tour Ganesh was a mine of information and kept us topped up with facts and snippets as we walked around. We saw so much in the half day tour that we were shocked at how much ground we had covered when I checked it against a map later...but it was at a pace that suited us.

The full day tour was amazing in terms of it really was a full day with so much packed in and the quality of information we were given by Ganesh & Karan, again the amount we saw on the tour was superb! You can fully trust the web site description of what is included in the tour. An amazing day out where we were fed a constant stream of brilliant information and facts about each area / site we were at as well as much welcomed points of cultural etiquette.

The island tour saw Karan drop us off at the ferry in time for the 09:00 departure and he saw us safely on board. Mumbai Live use a local guide from the island for their tours and Avinash was superb!. A text back to Karan as we departed the island and he was ready and waiting for us at the Gateway to take us back to the hotel. A superb tour.

With this tour we had asked for a 10:00hrs start but the evening before Kitty rang with a suggestion that we change it to 08:30 as the humidity & heat was due to rise the next day. I was a little disappointed but this forethought to how customers may feel paid dividends as by midday, 2hrs into our tour the heat and humidity shot up and we left the island to head back at just the right time. If Mumbai Live! hadn't thought of this we would have struggled badly with heat & humidity on the tour and not enjoyed it as much; so I went from a little disappointed to being exceptionally grateful.

Kitty, Ganesh & Karan were constantly assessing things as all the tours progressed to ensure we had a great time. Lots of attention to detail.

The highlight for us though was the Slum Tour - Ganesh and the slum combined to totally blow all our preconceived ideas about what the slum was like out of the water! He explained everything so well and never once tired of answering our questions. This wasn't just the tour of the trip it was the best tour we have ever had. Ganesh knew the slums very well and was keen to ensure any preconceived ideas we had were addressed and that we walked away having seen everything we possibly could and more importantly with explanations for everything we came across.

At the end of our trip in Mumbai we were met by Kitty, co owner of Mumbai Live!, who was very keen to gain our feedback not so as he could use it for promo but because he was genuinely concerned that we had had good tours, had had good guides and had enjoyed ourselves. The boss coming to meet the client like this was very much appreciated and totally unexpected.

We can offer nothing but very high praise for Mumbai Live and in turn Ganesh & Karan, all worked very hard to ensure each tour was wonderful and that we could do it at the pace we wanted. Not once did we feel under pressure to hurry up.

We were initially worried about putting all our eggs in one basket so to speak, this turned out to be a totally unnecessary worry as we had stunning levels of service.

I've been on many tours and I can honestly say these were the best ones in a long time and in the case of the slum, the best tour I have ever had the pleasure of being on.

We still have much to see in Mumbai and when we return we will definitely be using Mumbai Live!

We cannot recommend Mumbai Live highly enough - they really added memories to our trip.

Date of experience: February 2015
4  Thank homebrew_author

Dear Ollossm

We glad to express our thanks for your mind blowing review, Appreciate word about our team and service and recommend ! We're extremely pleased that you enjoyed your recent tour of Mumbai and we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

After lots of research online and a special recommendation I took a leap of faith and booked with Mumbai Live. My itinerary started in Mumbai with three nights before flying to Delhi. I met Karan at the airport, tired after a long flight but meeting Karan my driver/ tour guide/ my friend was a blessing. Karan is a very smart, kind and sensitive person. We are hooked and became friend. This is my first time visiting Indian and travel solo. My goal is safety, have someone to guide and be my companion. Karan is just a perfect one that match my needs. The next few days he took me every conner of the city, showed me how Mumbai live, we talked about culture, histories, life and some time share personal thinkings. He also provided good advice on where we could eat near the hotel or to drive further if we wished it. In a very few days I were able to see and feel the life of Mumbai with Karan and Mumbai Live. They were flexible, knowledgeable, and friendly. They listened to me and protect me through out the tour. Well worth the fees! They go above and beyond. Karan if you are reading this please accept my appreciation and thank you for the life time experience. I believe in “Good Karma” Karan and Mumbai Live is a “Good Karma” in Mumbai. Mumbai Live really did make my first trip to India magical!

Date of experience: March 2015