“Great Value For Money”

Ranked #336 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Value For Money”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We found Red Palm Residency through Expedia.com. Very conveniently located near the airports and near western railway. The rooms are very clean but need a little updating. Very friendly staff, WI-FI internet access was stable and free. They even let us book and print our tickets in their business center at no extra cost. Complimentary breakfast and bottled water was served daily in our room daily or in their cafe' downstairs, as per our request. The food is really good if you don't mind a bit of spice - loved the chicken biryani!

The reception arranged a car for us to go sightseeing. We used their gym, which for yoga and a massage after a grueling flight from Paris. They have cardio machines like treadmills, elliptical machines, weights...everything you would expect. Shopping at Linking Road was only 5 minutes away as was the beach at Carter Road. There are many restaurants on the same street, so good food was never an issue. If you're on a budget and are looking for a good, clean hotel with caring staff - you've found the right place in what is an incredibly expensive city.

Room Tip: Ask forthe second floor if you prefer something quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TheKhannas
rpresidency, Director of Sales at Hotel Red Palm, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable.

We are constantly striving to offer our guests a great experience that includes basic necessities like cleanliness, good service and hospitality and additional services like free WI-FI, complimentary bottled water and complimentary breakfast, all at a budget price.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of our humble staff on your next Mumbai visit.

Director of Sales
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Good & friendly service with adequate sized room. Their price includes complementory airport pick up and breakfast. Roooms need a little updating but otherwise would stay here again, also only costs around 11rs to get to Linking Road, khar, (just round the corner) which is the best street in Mumbai to do shopping.
I think the hotel should provide the travellers a hand towel, as they only provide a bathing towel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank koolKashkian
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Red Palm Residency Mumbai, India.

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. We have noted your observations and are addressing the same . We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of the ladies and gentlemen of Red Palm Residency on your next Mumbai visit.

Best Regards,
Director Of Sales
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We found Red Palm through Agoda.com and were happy with our choice. The people here are very friendly, the location very convenient to the railway terminal and the airport. The rooms are basic but clean and they gave all of us complimentary bottled water daily and complimentary breakfast. The owners are adding a fitness center, a spa, a restaurant and a coffee shop from what we were told. That will be a good addition.

The staff helped us with sightseeing and arranged transportation for us. The hotel is five minutes from Bandra and we went to the beach every evening, which was ten minutes away by rickshaw.

Getting free wi-fi access was a plus at this price. If you are looking for a good budget hotel in a very expensive city, this is the right choice for you. Cheers.

Room Tip: Second floor in the back, quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SunilRajhans
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. We are constantly striving to offer our guests a great experience that includes basic necessities like cleanliness, good service and hospitality and in addition services like free WI-FI, complimentary bottled water and complimentary breakfast, all at a budget price.

Director of Sales
Bhubaneswar, India
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Hi All,

It was my first trip to the city of riches, Mumbai. I was quite perplexed initially as i was completely new to this place and the sole purpose of my visit was an interview...I didn't want to splurge money for just a one night stay and safety and location was my prior concern.
After looking at a number of hotels in TripAdvisor I landed up in Red Palm Residency.
I didn't have much expectation from this hotel. When I reached there I was led there through dingy corridors towards the room, I was feeling fishy inside, But when i saw the room..I got relaxed...
The room was clean and had the basic amenities like a window AC, a small portable TV ,a clean bathroom, hot water facility. Another plus point for it is the hotel staff, the room service was fast and the staffs were very helpful in guiding us towards the interview venue and getting us an auto..The location was also quite perfect for me as it was near to my interview venue as well as the airport..
The things which I didn't like was that the bed sheet and the blanket did not look quite good to me, but I did not ask them to change as I had the interview after few hours and thankfully I had brought a bed sheet of mine...:-)...
The bathroom was too small and they fittings were rusty..but that was okay for me as it was clean..
The one thing which you should strictly avoid here is the food...it's terrible...it's better you eat in some nearby food joints..you can easily get one..

Overall my experience was good..and I would strongly recommend this hotel for people who come to Mumbai for specific business purpose and don't want to splurge money in luxury...Though the room rent was on the higher side..it was 2500 for a day, if you check in at 12:00 noon( I seriously don't like this 12:00 noon check in thing...Its highly uneconomic), but compared to the other Mumbai Hotels which I saw in TripAdvisor it was quite economical. After all its Mumbai...as I said the city of riches...

Room Tip: The hotel is located near khar railway staion..But I didn't quite feel any disturbance...Mine wa...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AmrinSonu
Cala Ratjada, Spain
Reviewed 1 December 2011

It was my first time in india so i did decided to get something a bit more expensive... almost western world prices. The hotel itself is in a shabby street only a minute away from the main train station in mumbai. Room had a fan and aircon. tv, closed balcony and a double bed.Bathroom was in order. My dislikes: The mattress was very thin and rather hard, noisy especially on weekends. Likes: Room service, breakfast was good, the omelette being the best.The wifi also worked well apart from that a good experience at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the other side of the hotel as they will probably be quieter
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo