“Food ”
Review of B Merwan

B Merwan
Ranked #13 of 127 Bakeries in Mumbai
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The place is good for having lunch and dinner with friends. The prices are reasonable and the variety of food is very good

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Local train is known as a vein of Bombay, then Tea is a reason of gathering here.
B. Merwan And Company Since 1914, which is situated in front of Grant Road station's east gate.
Bombay, which continues a rapid change, here Merwans stand the same, for more than 100 years. With the almost same architecture. A Parsi restaurant and bakery started by Merwans(a Parsi man). When you get inside of this restaurant you will discover some old feelings and the aroma of baked stuff. A place which is older than democratic India. And still, serves you the best Bun Maska (Butter) with Chai (Tea).
I enjoyed the 'Bun-Maska' with 'Pani Kum' (less water) Tea. And at last mouth-watering Mawa cake. Post GST(Good Service Taxes imposed on the country) they still serving the Tea at a Price of ₹10 and mouth-watering famous 'Mawa cake' at ₹12.
For once you all need to visit this place to remember history, to see the place which is one of the oldest in this town and the country.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I am going here since my childhood. This is a old Iranian restaurant, which are very very less in mumbai now. This restaurant is so old, that my grandfather use to go here for breakfast.
Best thing to eat here is bun maska, omlette, iranian tea. this is my standard orders.
If you r able to reach before 9 am, then u can get there Mawa cake, which is BEST !!!

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

Just visited today.
We reached at 3:00 and asked for bun maska but it had run out
The Irani tea was slapped on the table with the tea sloshing all over.
The waiter had a bad attitude.
Anyway the Brun maska was good.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Finally I visited B. Merwans & Co. Cafe - one of the best Parsi Cafes standing strong in Mumbai. It's a 103 years old restaurant ( Est. 1914) located just outside Grand Road railway station. I was planning to come here for my breakfast from a long time. I had heard about their unique taste of its bakery items especially the mouth melting "Mawa Cake" from a lot of friends and family. I reached at around 6:45am as I was on a Parsi Food Trail on a Saturday Morning. People were already outside the cafe, waiting for it to open. They were regular customers, office goers, few young boys and girls, house wives etc. The cafe is very old giving a feeling of 90's bollywood movie cafe scene. Finally after waiting for about 15mins the cafe opened at sharp 7am. As soon as it open all the customers ran inside to find a seat, even I managed to get a seat and within minutes all the tables were occupied. Waiters started placing the orders and after ignoring my call twice the waiter finally took my order. I ordered for a Mawa Cake, Mawa Samosa, Brun Maska and Irani Chai. The service is fast I must say but the waiters needs to be trained how to address the customers. The internal ambience is ok just as expected. All wooden chairs and tables with pale green walls, few old photographs of Parsi owners, an old stopped clock. All the orders are first brought at the 2nd counter and from there it gets delivered at the table. The Aroma of the bakery is very pleasant and relaxing. I first tasted the Mawa Cake and instantly fell in love with it. It is so soft, perfectly crisp and has a great flavour. It simply got melted in my mouth and I was delighted to be there. I ordered for one more Mawa Cake! Mawa samosa is just a Khari stuffed with sweet Mawa, Brun Maska and Irani Chai was just ok. I was expecting Chai to be good but it didn't meet my expectations. Overall currently my best place in Mumbai for breakfast. Finally the bill, total damages just Rs. 58/- Can you believe that? A must visit place in Mumbai for Breakfast. Food: 4.5 , Service: 3.5, Ambiance: 3