“Amazing Property...”

Ranked #25 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai
New Delhi, India
“Amazing Property...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

Brilliant.. is the word that sums it up for the experience I had during my stay.. The best thing was to have a balcony with the room which overlooks the grand central podium. The rooms were good, the breakfast was wow and not to miss the choice of specialty restaurants it has. The Fire and sound show in the evening would just take the experience of staying there to great heights..

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Sachinfromdelhi
Sahara S, General Manager at Sahara Star Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2012

Greetings from Hotel Sahara Star!!

We thank you for choosing Sahara Star as your preferred hotel in Mumbai and our endeavor is to provide all our guests a memorable experience with a fusion of Hospitality and entertainment.

We take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to welcome you to Sahara Star in the near future.

Board Fax :+91 22 39895001
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

Recently, I got to stay at Sahara Star, Mumbai and must admit that it is an awesome place in terms of ambience, staff service and courtesy. Right from Mr Manish, their operations head receiving you at the lobby to the attendant escorting the guest to the room, was very courteous and friendly.
In the evening, I had lebanese cuisine and it was good and very tasty. The chef( Mr Meruf, if I recall correctly) took personal care of us to check whether we liked the food.
In all, a very good stay and will go back there again during my next trip to Mumbai..
Avaneesh Gupta
Koochie Play

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Greetings from Hotel Sahara Star!!

We are pleased to know that you had a memorable experience and relished the food at Mabruk - The Mediterranean Restaurant. The entire team feels encouraged by your kind words of appreciation.

We once again take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to welcome you to Sahara Star in the near future.

Goa, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

When I first arrived at Sahara Star, I thought I had the wrong hotel. What an unimpressive lobby! Then I settled down once I realized they are remodeling. The overwhelming floral smell overstimulated my allergies.

The walk down the hot and long narrow hallway was on the other side of the hotel and elevators to reach my room. I kept thinking I made the wrong decision on this property.

The room was the standard Earth Room and was extra small. Internet was very slow and an IT person came up, but I still had some issues with speed. It is crowded in the room at the desk. Plenty of pillows. Otherwise the room was well appointed.

The Earth Plate Restaurant was good for a snack, and it was about the only place open in the middle of the afternoon. I ordered a sandwich as I wanted something light. Although the portion was way too small and I went away hungry! I had the breakfast buffet the next morning and it was very good with lots to choose from and reasonably priced at just under 1000-rupess inclusive of tax.

Room service was prompt, but pricey. I enjoyed eating my meal on the balcony. For a business hotel, I was surprised by the nighttime entertainment. Maybe because my stay was on a Saturday night. The palm trees blocked the view of some of the stage music on the other side of the atrium. It was fun at first and I felt like I was in Las Vegas, (smoke, fire, lights, & music) but after a while I got tired of it and wanted to sleep. It overwhelmed the senses with so many different music venues playing at once. The loud music and activities stopped shortly after 11 pm. During the night once the music was quieter then I could hear and feel airplane traffic! It felt like my bed was vibrating from the airplanes. The bed was a platform type bed and not that comfortable. Not up to my expectations for a 5-star hotel.

Overall, the service was very good at this hotel with extra amenities I rarely see, such as a Ladies Facial Pack. This was delivered to my room by housekeeping so I could give myself an in-room facial! A very nice touch. I also enjoyed having bath salts in the bathroom!

Overall I thought the hotel was a good value. I was able to get 1-nights lodging; tax, breakfast, internet, room service for dinner and private transportation to the airport in a luxury car for just over 11k-rupees!

I would stay here again if I had another AM flight out of the domestic airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is close to the elevators and that the palm trees don't block the view of th...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Greetings from Hotel Sahara Star!!

We are pleased to know that you had a memorable experience and relished the food at Earth Plate - The Global Cuisine Restaurant. The entire team feels encouraged by your kind words of appreciation.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

I prefer sahara star over all hotel in mumbai due to many reason viz location, ambience,service, attitude of staff, connectivity everything. Its a finest five star hotel of india till date I stayed ever. Food is awesome. I belive words will be less to explain the good experience always. Keep it up.

• Stayed January 2012
Sahara S, General Manager at Sahara Star Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2012

Greetings from Hotel Sahara Star!!

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay at our Hotel. The entire team feels encouraged by your kind words of appreciation.

Manish Sodhi,
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Located right beside the Mumbai domestic airport terminal, my girlfriend and i treated ourselves to a 5 star hotel on our last night in India. It truly was an experience to remember.

I used the fitness suite and sauna which were good, if a little small... and then i had a massage at the Spa centre which was great - expensive but well worth it. For dinner we ate at the Hotels Chinese restaurant beside some lovely tropical fish tanks and the staff gave us a tour of the private underwater dining room.

Next morning the reception staff arranged a car to take us to the airport for our journey home.

All in all a great experience.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple