“A sublime experience and utterly charming staff.”

Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai
Ranked #11 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai
London, United Kingdom
“A sublime experience and utterly charming staff.”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Staying here was utterly wonderful due to the serene atmosphere and the incredibly intuitive staff (who could not do enough for us!)
The hotel room (wonderfully comfortable bed, huge bath tub, a rain shower) were fabulous as was the huge bathroom, although a city view is far preferable to a sea view. And yes, the location is not ideal but you do feel like you are in the real Mumbai; there is a slum opposite and a taxi ride to Colaba/ the city centre. However this was transcended by the way the staff made your custom valued and they elevated the whole holiday. I was there on as shopping spree and for a wedding. The staff contacted the saree stores to resolve issues on my behalf, chased up orders and (for a small fee) provided us with a saree draper for the wedding.
Breakfast was extensive and they were happy to make most things fresh if requested. I had some unique dietry requirements and they agreed to make a personalised menus (which was delicious!) The in-room dining was delicious and a good value for money (huge portions!) and the restaurant food was excellent!
In the spa, I experienced the best massage ever! It nearly bought me to tears knowing how effective it was- had I really been that stressed? Clearly!
I am going to need many more excuses to got back to Mumbai and can not imagine staying anywhere else! Thank you so much Four Seasons!

Room Tip: City view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Andrew H, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you so much for your positive feedback further to your stay with us in February, it is very much appreciated by all of us here at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai. I was delighted to hear that you found the accommodations comfortable and services of our staff to be warm and welcoming and have enjoyed sharing this with the team.
I was particularly glad to hear that the staff members were able to exceed your expectations and that you were enjoyed our breakfast expereince. I was particularly delighted to hear about your "cathartic" experience at the Spa,
Wishing you all the best and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Andrew Harrison
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We booked a twin deluxe sea view room and since there were 3 of us we asked for a further rollaway bed to be provided. This was the first hotel on our travels that not only had the third bed made up already on check in, but ensured that there were 3 of most items in the room- such as dental sets, water bottles and towels. This saved multiple phone calls to the front desk to request these items which set a brilliant first impression for us.

I slept in the rollaway bed and it was perfectly comfortable with a decent mattress. I know my other two companions were very happy with their beds.

When we returned from a day in the city it was the small touches that the house keeping had attended to that impressed us the most- for example, having noted my contact lens case by the bathroom sink, there was a glasses cleaning cloth embroidered with the Four Seasons logo left next to it (which was the perfect touch for me as I had lost my own cloth!).

The concierge service were helpful and informative and provided excellent recommendations for sightseeing and for restaurants and bars. They even went out of their way to procure a padlock for my friend when the lock he was using on his suitcase broke.

And finally as everyone else has mentioned- the Aer bar really is a great way to watch the sunset after a day touring the city. A brilliant selection of drinks, a great atmosphere and a stunning view.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough and would definitely consider staying here again, given the chance.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank an1shr
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback following your recent trip to Mumbai. We are delighted that you found the accommodations and service standards exceeded your expectation and that you had a good time at AER.
I was glad to know the our team was able to meet all your requirements, I have enjoyed sharing your encouraging comments with them. Many thanks for the recommendation.
We do hope you visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Very comfortable stay all around. Check-in experience was wonderful. Upon arrival by a local taxi, I was greeted at the door by my name. Many cars were coming and going, how did they know to greet me by name when they opened the car door. Last time I stayed with them was over a year ago. This set the tone for a wonderful stay. The manager took us directly to our room and we did not have to complete check-in formalities at the front desk. This was very nice, especially when arriving from overseas with kids.
The room was well appointed and spacious and bed was very comfortable. The hotel is an oasis of luxury. I would not suggest investing in a room with a view. This being India, visibility is always low due to air pollution.

Room Tip: anything on high floors
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Greetings from Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai!

Thank you for sharing a review of your experience with us. I am delighted to know that we were able to create a warm welcome for you and that you appreciated the service standards good and accommodations. Your comments about the intimate check in procedure are much appreciated - I have enjoyed sharing it with the team.
I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Mumbai and hopefully meeting you.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. The service, the rooms and staff are excellent. Highly recommend this hotel.

The breakfast was exceptional, the room facilities are brilliant and the was really spacious. The Spa was very nice and well equipped.

Really enjoyed my stay and will be coming back every time I visit Mumbai.

• Stayed February 2014
Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback further to your recent stay with us! I was delighted to to hear that the accommodations and services met your expectations. I am pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast selection and spa.
Your recommendation is greatly appreciated by all of us here at Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai.
On your next visit to Mumbai, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We arrived at the Four Seasons with the inflated expectations that this brand usually fulfills. We were certainly not disappointed. The layout, attention to detail and level of service were all very much 5 star, and we certainly enjoyed our stay here.

The highlight for us was, of course, the Sky Lounge. If nothing else, you must come up here for a drink and soak up the unique buzz that this city has. It is a wonderful set up and we enjoyed a couple of sundowners up here at the end of our trip.

The cost, however, is also very much in the Four Seasons bracket, and it is particularly ponient here because of the striking poverty you encounter in the surrounding streets. We did visit the adjoining slums, and even after travelling all around India, we still found ourselves surprised and mesmerised all over again. The gulf between the "haves" and the "have nots" was magnified all the more when we returned, hot and dusty, to the air conditioned sanctuary of the hotel, and I was advised by the staff that my shorts were inappropriate for the sky bar. So I had to go and put on a pair of trousers before I was allowed to enjoy a cold drink, which cost more than some people earn here in a week. I have no problem with dress codes whatsoever, it was just such a timely reminder that I was back in the privileged world. So, just for the sheer contrast and moral turmoil, I guess this place and its location is to be recommended.

There is a huge shopping mall just around the corner (the Concierge will point you in the right direction). Just so you know, it is a typical "western" style mall with designer outlets and Mcdonalds. It is actually pretty good for shopping at slightly cheaper prices than we are accustomed to, but it is certainly not somewhere you can pick up local goods at local prices from local people.

However, that is pretty much it around here, and if you want to go to the waterfront or Colaba where it all happens, you will have to take a taxi. So, overall a great stay but just make sure you are happy with the location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Greetings from Mumbai!

Thank you for your positive feedback further to your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear that you found the hotel, its outlets, facilities and services up to your expectations. In a busy city like Mumbai it is so important, as you stated, to find a home away from home and an oasis in the middle of bustling Mumbai. I am delighted we could create that atmosphere for you.
Looking forward to welcome you back in the very near future!