“Fairly value for your money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Krishna Palace Hotel

Krishna Palace Hotel
Ranked #90 of 439 Hotels in Mumbai
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Fairly value for your money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

I would recommend this hotel to any and everyone who prefers a large clean room and prompt service. The complimentary breakfast are tasty and well catered. The staff are well mannered and very customer oriented. The ambiance is good. The location is fairly central but you can shop around the hotel too.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Hebrew first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2011

The hotel was such a disappointment! The hallways and rooms reeked of smoke. Our friends room had some sort of stain on their bathroom wall that looked like blood. Our bed's headrest was covered in blackness and white specks. The TV shut off the day before we left and just wouldn't turn back on. The shower was covered in black spots.

The business center was not a business center. When we were asking about it, there was another guest who told us the internet was a joke - that it took an hour just to sign on. Our friends experienced that and we ended up in someone's office looking up our email.

The porters outside never know where anything is. We got lost multiple times after they called us a taxi and told them where we needed to go. The only places they seem to want to send you to is the Taj Mahal Palace in Colaba.

The desk staff was helpful when they wanted to be. One night, calling the cool cab place was fine and then the next day the staff was reluctant to even pick up the phone to dial.

We did a few room service calls which were fine and the restaurants downstairs were pretty good. The breakfast is also good and complimentary with eggs made to order. And from the 11th floor, we had an interesting city view. Those are the good things.

Between the terrible rooms and the erratic service, I would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank greatbeyond
Boston, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2010

Compared to other hotels at a similar price point, Krishna Palace was disturbingly deceptive. Here are the main points:
1) They arranged an airport pickup for me, but nowhere did it indicate whether/how much the charge would be. They then charged me 1200 rupees, and directly lied to me and said this was "indicated on their website". I made the manager show me where it said that on the website, and he was unable to find it. He admitted that he was not telling the truth.
2) They offer "wi-fi" in the room. Except this is only true if you park yourself in front of the door next to the hallway. And then when I finally did connect, I got several severe warning from Windows NOT to connect to this WiFI access point as it is being redirected and passwords, etc can be monitored. Just unreal for a "business" hotel.
3) The first room they gave me had a conference table sitting in the middle of it. I mean, a full size, round conference table for 15 people. I had to climb on TOP of this table to get to the bed. Initially, they were not sure they could give me another room. This was 1am. I almost laughed at them. When they finally agreed to change my room.
4) The elevator floor was lined with artificial grass. Very classy touch.

Still am reeling at what I paid for this establishment.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank whiter3
Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

I keep frequenting this hotel for business. A very good hotel & value for money. Has a wonderful vegetarian restauatant at the ground floor. Rools are very clean. Room service is the only concern. They are very slow. Location is also very good

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights in March 2010. THe hotel seems newly built and the interior is modern and clean. However, when you step out of the hotel you are in the middle of real India.
There is a colourful vegetable market just behind the hotel and lots of little stores (liquer stores as well).Grant Road train station is a two minutes walk away. The train tickets are very cheap and travelling in women's wagons is convenient so I rode trains a lot during my stay.
The hotel staff was ok. The didn't charge me extra for checking in early (around 7:30 am) but instead I was charged for some stuff fromthe minibar that I hadn't used. The breakfast was decent otherwise but there was no drinking water or juices!! And only instant coffee. There are too many waiters hangin around. One morning I got a bit annoyed with their "service" until one of the waiters started singing along the bollywood hits on TV and my mood instantly got better.
For using wifi you have to pay extra and I thought it was quite expensive. Thay have a gym on the 4th floor which is free of charge but it's very basic. The there is a restaurant which looked like a nice place for a dinner but during my stay it had an entrance fee of 500 rs of something because of the IPL games they were showing.
About 1 km walk from the hotel there's Kemp's Corner around which you can find lovely boutiques selling Indian desing clothes, some western chain stores and a lot of spas. I highly recommend Rudra Spa where I went a couple of times.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo