“Bad, bad, bad in so many ways” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Silver Inn

Hotel Silver Inn
Ranked #111 of 440 Hotels in Mumbai
Istanbul, Turkey
“Bad, bad, bad in so many ways”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

I stayed at Silver Inn, Mumbai, India between the dates of December 16th and 18th, 2011. I have checked in to the hotel around 1AM. Check-in process was fast and easy. First thing the bellboy entered to the room, he started the ceiling fan and the AC. This was when I realized a bunch hair (woman's, refer to pic) flying around on the floor along with other unwanted little objects. After getting rid of them, which kept reappearing during my stay (probably coming from underneath bed), I jumped in the shower, however there was no hot water. Shower cabin floor is the same as the rest of the bath, which was very slippery. Escaped falling at least a couple times. Quality of shampoo and the rest was poor.
Finally when I got ready to go to bed, I realized several more shorter hair on the sheets. There were 4 pillows, 2 of which were extremely old (refer to pic) that it was not possible to get support for my head. Plus, they ALL stank of scalp skin. I had to pick the least stinky ones and use my deodorant to camouflage the bad odor. The only thing that was good about the room was the lcd tv with good reception and foreign movie channels.

As true for all the hotels in the airport area, it is very noisy in the morning because of the traffic. However Silver Inn's windows helped quite a lot to successfully transfer the noise inside the room for the sake of better feel of the city atmosphere.

I have to mention that the locker was already locked when i got to the room, so didn't get to use that at all.

Both nights of my stay, there were some type of celebration at the hotel, which probably explains no-hot-water issue. There were constant speaking noise. Doors are quite thin. Second night there was party held on my floor with banging loud music!! I was literally shaking from the bass while watching tv (!) on my bed. Plus, bunch of youngsters running around, shouting loudly, yelling etc. I had to run to the reception and complain firmly to the receptionist, then they made the volume turned down a bit, closed party room's door. BUT of course that did not stop the partiers speaking loudly and yelling on the hallways. I had to ask the people, several times, to keep it down. Very very little success on that, however I was quite furious and angry by the end of it which was around midnight. I didn't catch ANY sleep before my 5:20AM flight back home. The cab I requested to go to the airport never showed up, so they have arranged me their own car, and didn't charge me probably because earlier complaining for the noise etc. The receptionist accompanied me to the car as well.

I have to mention that the restaurant does much better job than the hotel itself. It has it's own name, so maybe the management is separate from the hotel. Anyhow, staff was very helpful, food was tasting good and it was fast service.

Verdict: Silver Inn is positioned right in between low quality hotels ±$50 and the $90+. Don't be fooled by the pics like I did. Do not risk it! Pay $10-$15 more and stay comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: If you still insist on staying at this hotel (!), pick a room at the end of the hallway, as far as p...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank EfeGYildirim
FOM2508, Front Office Manager at Hotel Silver Inn, responded to this review, 12 January 2016

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for taking time out to write a pleasant feedback about our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. However we would like you to stay with us again to serve you better.

Front Office Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

This place is good. Neat rooms and functional. At 3.3K (Corporate) per night, the room is priced for value.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank NitinMathew
FOM2508, Front Office Manager at Hotel Silver Inn, responded to this review, 19 October 2015

Greetings of the day!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Silver Inn, Mumbai International Airport.

The team is thrilled to read your appreciation for our services and amenities. Our hotel is indeed located close to both the airport terminal and is thus preferred by many travelers. I am happy to read your recommendation for our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Thank you once again for taking time out to write a pleasant feedback about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We look forward to serve you again!

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

Stayed here from 6 sep to 10 sep..... Even though the location is bad and the traffic outside is highly frustrating, the hotel makes up by providing really good service, courteous staff and really clean rooms.......
A true business hotel in all senses.

• Stayed September 2011
6 Thank blore_boy

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

This was my second visit to this hotel, with the first one being in January. I had a nice experience at this hotel. Provided me extra discount for being a former customer. The food and ambience is very good.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank gaur0008

New Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2011

Stayed there for 9 days and must say I enjoyed my stay there. Rooms were clean and well kept; only issue was Traffic Noise from the busy "Marol Maroshi Road" as Silver Rooms are facing the road. If budget permits one may book Gold Rooms which are on the other side. Complementary buffet breakfast didn't offered much of a choice but paid dinner was delicious. Complementary WiFi connectivity was quite helpful! Hotel Staff is courteous and well trained. Being near to Domestic & International is another plus point.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business