“Beyond my Expectations”

Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel
Ranked #25 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 28 January 2012

The rooms was booked by one of friend.I did not heard about this hotel anymore but after my check in i felt why he booked this one for me.Great service and great location.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sanat P
LeSutraMumbai, General Manager at Le Sutra - The Indian Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Sir,

It is indeed a privilege for us to have such a well-travelled personality rate us so highly. Heartfelt thanks are also, in order, for your friend who booked your stay with us.

The best part of a unknown entity is when it turns out to be a unique feel-good experience !! It is quite evident that the initially perceived unsure Le Sutra Hotel turned out to be indeed a pleasant experience for you !!

Sampreeth Kotian.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

We booked this hotel after reading great reviews and we were not disappointed. Attention to detail was great, rooms very comfortable and the location was fairly chill out for Mumbai. Only feedback was that the staff were extremely helpful but their knowledge of sights and activities was a bit limited. Overall however our experience was very positive.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Ma'am,

We are indeed glad that you like the hospitality that we as a team at Le Sutra have to offer. As you had pointed out that the concierge skills of the Reception team needed updation, we worked on this constructive feedback very positively and you can be guaranteed that on your next visit, you will find a much more assured Reception team... for sure !!!

Looking forward to your next stay with us...so that we can assess our assumption of being better equipped to handle concierge services...

Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed in Le Sutra for 5 nights in early December 2011. I absolutely adore this hotel! It's one of the better places I've stayed in all my travels. The decor of the hotel is outstanding, tasteful and interesting. There was a very good amount of closet space and a spacious in-room safe. All amenities were very modern and the hotel, my room, the restaurant and the common areas were spotless. I can still remember the wonderful smell of this hotel, I wish everything in Mumbai smelled so lovely! :-)
The Indian sweets, in lieu of chocolate, on the pillow were a really nice touch as well.
There are plenty of interesting tv channels to watch and the wifi is oustanding, a router in the room made for a super-fast connection!
The hotel breakfast was enjoyable, though I missed it one day because the in-room guide said it ended at 11, when really it ends at 10:30 am..a little annoying! If you want the Indian breakfast (which is really good), you'll have to ask for it, the buffet is all Western style. The selection is varied and you can easily eat as big or light a breakfast as you wish.
Le Sutra is in a fantastic location in Bandra, and it is very easy to walk to a number of restaurants and cafes in 5 minutes. The waterfront is less than a 10-minute walk away. As a female on her first trip to India, and solo at that, I was a little worried about walking around. No need to be, the neighborhood around Le Sutra is fine and I experienced nothing more than curious looks here and there. The cafe down by the water even tolerated me leaving my wallet in the hotel and returning 10 minutes later with payment (face*palm!).
Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and helped me arrange a car and driver to Pune for a decent price.
I was slightly worried about the price of the hotel, it's a little more than I usually pay when travelling solo, but it was well worth every penny.

Room Tip: If you're travelling solo, the Maya is the perfect size (twin bed) and price.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank strawberryfrog

Dear Ma'am,

The sheer beauty in the way you have explained the Hotel and its services makes us want you to become the Brand Ambassador of Le Sutra. Much as you would want to choose us for your next visit to Mumbai, you would topping the list of choices if we dare to enlist guests as per our preferences. Aren't we a mutual admiration society ??

I was quite perturbed when I went to one of the rooms and checked the In room directory and found that the breakfast timings were indeed wrongly placed. I assure you that we have taken corrective steps and thank you heartily for saving us the embarassment in case there would have been another guest noting the same fault and not being as forgiving as you.

Looking forward to your next visit...

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Based on tripadvisor reviews we booked Le Sutra through Dial-a-flight/Sita. We hadn't realised it was out of central Mumbai but this was a definite plus and we enjoyed walking round the area and it's very near the sea. and only 30 minutes out of rush hour to the airport. We stayed in the room based on Purity theme: white, spacious, the best plumbing in India, an enormous flatscreen television, complimentary snacks and biscuits and the staff were both friendly and helpful... The restaurant downstairs was lively with good food. We were even given a bag with a souvenir of our room - a yogdand with instructions for use on a mousemat! Artistically designed, even the lift, really recommend.

Room Tip: We only saw two, both of which were original and high quality - Purity (twin) and Gaming (double)
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Ma'am,

It is indeed a privilege for us to have such a well-travelled personality rate us so highly. Indeed it is such heartfelt appeciation that sets our adrenaline flowing..

I understand that you were staying in the Shuddhi room.. but trust me, there is so much to explore vis-a-vis our other individual-themed rooms... Its a journey by itself!!

Reviewed 19 January 2012

It was fantastic experience staying at le Sutra hotel, not only for the unique touch of the design but also for the friendliness of people there. The hotel is not cheap by India standard, but it really worth it. I stayed in the room Maya, the room had some paintings by artists, which really adds a special touch. At the end of the stay they even gave a copy of the painting as a souvenir... super sweet! The staff in le Sutra are very friendly and helpful. They are always ready to answer questions from where to get a local SIM card to the best food in town. I was traveling alone in Mumbai for the first time and was a bit worried about the safety there, and the hotel really made me feel at home. They also helped me getting a bus ticket to Goa. The client manager even called me the next day to make sure I arrive safely.

I would highly recommend le Sutra hotel, and definitely stay there again next time!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ankai_xu

Dear Ma'am,

It is indeed a pleasure reading your review and garnering that your stay at our Hotel was pleasant. You not only appreciate the deisgn and architecture but also highlighted the customer friendly aspect of our team ( which is indeed a feather on our cap ).

You would be amazed to note that we have almost 20-25 single lady travellers staying with us in a month. As such, making them feel secure as well as comfortable is our responsibility and I am glad you felt the same.