“fair stay !”
Review of Hotel Benzy Palace

Hotel Benzy Palace
Ranked #339 of 456 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 24 January 2012

i stayed for a week at benzy palace during my official trip to mumbai. the hotel was loacted very near to my office so i dint have trouble commuting . Its loacted in the main market area of marol hence having dinner at night was never a problem.

The hotel was okay types. The rooms were not that great but considering is proximity to my office and availability of ample mode of transport here to other parts of mumbai i was quite fine with the hotel. The rooms were not neat and clean. They were very dilapidated and shabby types. Once i saw a cockroach also in the bathroom.. the geysor was occassionally not working . Breakfastw as too scarce.. and mostly they provided only south indian food.

They also have a specialty kerelean cuisine restaurentw hich i dint like .. although it was quite famous but somehow i dint like teh taste of the food.

The hotel staff was very cordial and polite. Always were helpful wherever necessary.

overall i was okay about the hotel as my priorities were distance to office and city centre area which i got . anyway i only came back to hotel to sleep. Most part of teh day i was out . so i am happy . the room rates are also decent.

Room Tip: try taking teh rooms on teh quieter side as road side rooms are very noisy
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank tuhinaaa
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I had visited this place some 2 years back, for the first time, with a group of colleagues. The decor looked decent and my colleagues wanted to savor Kerala cuisine, which this place purportedly specialized in. The experience was totally disappointing to say the least. First of all, the orders arrived almost an hour after it was placed. We should have got out long before that but unfortunately didn't.
The food quality was pathetic. Most of my colleagues walked out after the first few bites. The meat was not fresh, the prawns felt as if they had just been taken out of the freezer, defrosted and then put in some gravy and served.

Never went back there till yesterday. A friend and I had some work in the area around lunch time. We saw this place, and there was a sea food festival going on. I thought after two years things must have improved. Also, it was a seafood festival so they would definitely try to serve decent food.

But what a horror story it turned out to be!

They had some food on display like they usually do at these festivals but it was not covered and there were flies swooping around. That should have served as the first clue. But we were taken in with the sight of those fishes and prawns.

We ordered some prawns, fish fry, fish curry and rice. The prawns were shrimps actually. For 300 bucks we had expected a few pieces of large juicy prawns. Secondly, it was cooked in onion and curry leaves and lotsa masala, and it tasted like rubber. We wasted more than half of it.
The fried surmai arrived next. Again we felt as if we were eating a week old slice. The fish curry was cooked in tamarind, it was so tangy we all gave up after the first spoonful. And to think we paid 300 bucks for each dish.

But the horrific part is yet to come.

On the way out we decided to check the items on display and we realized they had actually warmed up and served us the food they had kept on display. And to add to our nausea we could see flies sticking to the food as they had not bothered to cover the displayed food with a glass dish.

Just the thought is enough to upset my tummy all over again.

But what upset me most was that there were some foreigners there and to imagine this is the impression they will carry of our food and service back home.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2012

The night at Hotel Benzy Palace was the nightmare!!!

The Hotel is incredible dirty and after that very uncomfortable feeling of being in a such dirty place a RAT was discovering in our room!!!!!!! A big RAT!!!The service was terrible and at the reception desk when we complain about the rat they where very rude!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 December 2011

In what century was this a palace?

Not three star accommodation.

Not even worth a review just writing as a warning. Avoid. Restaurant disgusting. Rooms and bathrooms dirty.Hallways gross. I refused to even touch the towels provided. This is owned by Akbar travel agency (in the airports) which gave us a great air price but the hotel was horrible). So glad I had my sleep sac. Can't believe I didn't get sick here. Wait, I did.

Here are three bones for them: airport pickup and drop was included-- couldn't get me out fast enougg; my room actually had a western toilet and free internet (sitting behind the desk with the creepy front desk staff as I planned my escape since the only computer, no wifi, is their desk computer).

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 21 December 2011

The rooms are very, very dirty! And there was a RAT running from the bathroom, when we were almost sleeping! At 1 am we had to move to another hotel. In the reception they were not even friendly or helpful to find another place to move on!
After we arrived in Portugal we have made a complaint to the Travel Agency (Valerie, in Goa) that booked the hotel for us and, not only they don't refund our payment but they called us LYERS!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends