“Superb seafood!”

Ranked #266 of 15,287 Restaurants in Mumbai
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 11
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Established by Mr.S.C.Karkera in 1977; Mahesh Lunch Home has spearheaded Mangalorean food to newer heights. Mahesh Lunch Home has now become one of the most desired restaurants for satiating Mangalorean Sea Food hunger, for celebrities and families alike. Being the first & Best Seafood Restaurant in Mumbai to serve authentic Mangalorean food, we occupy a special place for ourselves and our cuisine in the hearts of our customers. Since our humble beginning in the late 70’s, whence serving only a few dishes, one of the most important being Surmai Curry & Butter Garlic Crab which many of our guests still remember devouring in our prime restaurant at Fort, Mumbai; we have expanded and proudly bring to you seven top-notch restaurants globally
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Mahesh Lunch Home has always been a personal favourite for seafood on my Mumbai trips. This Saki Naka outlet has never disappointed in terms of the food quality. We started the meal with crab soup which was fantastic. The soup had the distinctive crab taste with small pieces as well. Next in line was the highly recommended Bombil fry and Surmai tawa fry. The fish pieces were large and very fresh. The masala coating the fishes were especially tasty. The highlight of the meal was the Prawn butter garlic which was simply amazing. The dish was very well prepared and is a must try. We finished the meal with the Fish biryani which was nice with sufficient quantity. A very nice dining experience overall!

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Mahesh lunch home is an institution for sea food established in late 70's by Mr SC karkera. They are experts in serving mangalorean cuisines (Tulu region of south India) which has a distinct flavours, know for its spices and coconut is the integral part of their recipes.
We visited this place during diwali with our office group of 15 and had to wait for 1hour long to get a place since we had not made the reservations.
They have some amazing appetisers but we had to skip since we were already late.
We ordered surmai balti , prawns gassi ,chicken maharaja along with neer dosa/appams and Roti's.
Surmai curry had a distinct flavour which I have never experienced before and should always have with neer dosa or appams. Along with sea food sol kadi is the most popular drink to cool down our digestive systems after having spicy food. We also ordered prawns biryani which was really good served with curd.
The fish/prawns were very fresh and service was outstanding on a busy day. Mahesh lunch home also serves other cuisines like north Indian, Chinese but this place is all about the sea food.

Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

Very tasty food and good service.. nice ambience..... strongly recommended for sea food...equally good veg food as well

Reviewed 11 November 2016

Last time I was at a Mahesh Lunch home (at Pune, if I remember correctly) - I rated it less probably because I chose the wrong set of food to have - the Chinese type Lobsters etc. - this time I chose to be guided by the friendly and warm server - and he ensured that I didn't go wrong. Starting with the Avocado Margeritta, the Butter Chili Fried Prawns and the amazing sliced Pomfret done Mangalore style with an accompaniment of Neer Dosa, the food was truly off the charts! Truly amazing!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

Visited this place after several months for a dinner with my friend. We left the recommendation of Food to the Waiter and he did his job well. We ordered beer and followed it with crab meat soup for my friend and lemon coriander soup for me.

For the main course he had Fish Curry with butter naan while I settled for Veg Gazzi with Roti,