hy go there? Because of the location.
Why not going there?
1. The rooms were very smelly. Every time we put on the AC, which was needed because of the heat, a smell of urine came into our room. As the AC was 30cm from the pillows in our beds, it was awful.
2. The rooms (downstairs) are very noisy. Our room was separated by a thin wall with big cranks. We could see light from the other room coming in. Worst of all our neighbors were having sex. A bit loud, and because of the thin walls it was as if we were in the middle of it.
3. The rooms are expensive (as most rooms in Mumbai). We paid 60 euros per night (discounted price). That was too much.
4. Staff is not professional: ripping us off and begging for tips. The staff tried to pull us of a few times. I asked the man at the reception for the price for a taxi to the airport. It was absurd high and the taxi nothing special. He just wanted to send us to a taxi at the street side. For that service he seemed it was right to put an extra high commission on it for him self. Furthermore: the men at the door beg for tips. For doing what? Nothing. Walking along to our room (10 meters) and walking to the taxi (10 meters).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strand Hotel is located in city of dreamers, stalwarts and the common man, Mumbai. This is located at the distance of 300 meters from Gateway of India, 2.7 km from Chhatrapati Shivaji Train Terminus and nearest airport at 26.3 km from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport. Property provides facilities like Wi-Fi, car rental, laundry, parking service, travel desk and room service. In-house multi-cuisine restaurant dishes out the best of Indian and international delicacies to cajole the taste-buds. In medical emergency one can avail doctor on call facility. The rooms in the hotel are well-furnished, ventilated, clean and come with good quality furniture. The hotel houses simple and sober rooms that offer a homely ambiance to guests. All rooms have attached bathroom with essential bathroom toiletries & linen, Complimentary High Speed Wireless Internet, Airconditioner, LED TV with satellite channels,telephone and many more. It is all about the experience that goes beyond the ordinary! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, OYO Rooms, Hotels.com, ClearTrip and Stayzilla so you can book your Strand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.