“Good room service, peaceful stay, more for business than pleasure”
Review of Hotel Jayshree

Hotel Jayshree
Ranked #225 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai
Toronto
“Good room service, peaceful stay, more for business than pleasure”
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Stayed at this hotel for 10 days, experienced good clean room, spacious enough for a couple, good privacy, good prompt room service. Good tipping can get you almost everything on demand. Courteous and helpful staff. Rooms are sound proof enough. Good bathroom, shower a tad bit off the mark but okay. Overall a good place to stay for business traveller or a couple, not so sure how it would be with the kids but seems to be alright place for stay even with kids.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Quazer
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
bangalore
Reviewed 28 May 2009

I was on my way to frankfurt needed a decent room for the night my travel agent suggested this hotel.as I landed at mumbai santacruz airport went out,I was greeted by a rep. of the hotel with a paging board.they have free pickup and drop from the airport and hotel.was pleasantly greeted by the recptionist who without wasting any time allotted me a room.the was good neat and tidy.the bathroom was also good.went down to the restaurant on the ground floor,it was well decorated with a cosy bar.only problem was they only serve indian and chineese food but no continental food was available.the kababs were really tasty made up for the lack of conti food.was given a wake call with nice steaming coffee dropped to the international airport.I would willingly recomend this hotel to anyone.It is a nice hotel with friendly staff,clean rooms.

• Liked — location was very convinient close to both the airports,with shuttle service for free.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
America
Reviewed 11 March 2009

We traveled to Bombay for the first time from U.S and enjoyed every minute of it...
When we reached at the airport the hotel transport waited for us...
When we reached at the hotel we all were very tired and they didn't take a lot of time for the booking... and we ordered the food from the restaurant and the food was just awesome.
I loved the food and so did everyone...
I had no complaints at all...
The rooms were very clean...

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sweet_me011
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 April 2006

This is the worst kind of hotel you can stay at in India. Overpriced and dirty. My husband and I arrived really early in the morning in Mumbai and our taxi driver could not find our hotel, so he asked if we wanted him to recommend one to us. Anyway, at 2:30 am, we couldn't get too picky. He told us it would be around 2000 rupees and we were fine with it. At the front desk, we were first told it would cost 3400 rupees a night for a room. After telling the concierge flat out, "no", he gave us a cheaper rate of 2600 rupees. It was still more than we wanted to pay, but we were tired and we wanted to crash somewhere so we could catch a plane for Goa after a quick sleep. When we got to the room, I didn't want to take off my shoes. I didn't want to sit on the couch. I didn't even want to set my bag on the couch. The room was really dirty. The walls and bedsheets had holes and stains on them and I found it hard to sleep as I was afraid of bedbugs. In horror, I thought this was how it was going to be in India for the rest of our 3 1/2 week trip.

Add to that, our porter looked at our 20 rupee tip in disgust. He told us most people gave more. We simply told him we didn't have more as we had run out of small bills. Maybe the concierge could share his extra pocket money that he got for overcharging us.

When we were checking out we found a rate card and discovered our room was supposed to be 2200 rupees.

Fortunatelly, for the rest of our trip, we did not experience a repeat of our experience at Hotel Jayshree. We ended up paying mostly less than 2000 rupees/night and staying at hotels that were much much nicer, cleaner and with staff that didn't try to exhort money from us. We discovered that 10 rupee per bag was enough to tip a porter. If someone was extra helpful or nice, we'd tip more, but we definitely didn't have porters looking at us in disgust again at our tips.

Please avoid Hotel Jayshree at all cost. It's a disgusting hotel in every way.

Jeni

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
PunePopsy, marketing manager at Hotel Jayshree, responded to this review, 21 February 2009
we are at a loss why such degrading review has been written about property.we request anybody to come and verify our hotel you will know for yourself .we are 2 star property duly inspected by a panel of experts from the travel trade as well as the govt. officials and then only granted the stars.

Travellers are raving about these Mumbai hotels