“DECENT” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #111 of 430 Hotels in Mumbai
Haridwar, India
“DECENT”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

This was my first stay at Hotel Astoria, Mumabi. Location is wonderful. Just opposite to ChurchgateWithin minutes you can be anywhere in South Mumbai.
Hotel is decent with average food and average comfort. Overall the complete experience is average.

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

Hotel Astoria, Mumba.
Its a perfect place to stay. A place one would love to stay.
The hotel staff is really very supportive. I checked early and as rooms were available they allowed early check-in.
The rooms are clean and very prompt service. The breakfast is very good.

After a full day meeting when I cme back I found very relaxed after getting into cosy and clean rooms having good interiors.

A perfect place in Mumbaim

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Lucknow, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

Very good experience:

I stayed in the Astoria Hotel from 8th May to 13th May 2011. I liked the hotel ambiance, specially the buffet hall. The reception is very good maintained, where you will find the ancient stories of Mumbai - real photos of old India and old Mumbai.

Astoria is situated at the centre of Mumbai i.e. Churchgate. Its very near to the most pause area of Mumbai Marine Drive. Also it is nearer to my office. Its walking distance. It takes 10 minutes from Astoria. Every evening we used to walk to the marine drive and enjoyed the sea wind. Its really beautifull.

The hotel guys are well trained and they behave properlly. I will really come back and will stay in Astoria in my future visits to Mumbai.

Thanks

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gurgaon, Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

I stayed at the Astoria on a business trip to Mumbai and found it very convenient to all my business meetings and also great value for money (but then I did get a special deal of Rs 3K/night) On the downside, the rooms are on the small side and I had major problems getting a Wi-Fi connection in my room. The manager and staff were friendly but unable to figure out why the Wi-Fi card would not work on my computer - so that over the three nights I was there, I had to check my mail downstairs on the hotel staff laptop. Not good news when you are on a business trip. Also the electrical plugpoints in the room need to be refurbished - every time I needed to plug in an appliance, the electrician needed to be called which was a real pain !

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank mayoite74
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

When I checked into this hotel I had no idea that I would end up being rushed to the nearby Bombay Hospital to have emergency surgery the second day of my stay in Mumbai. Before that event, I was happy with the hotel room, which was clean and attractive, and the service, which was kind and attentive. I had no idea how attentive until my colleague called reception at 6:30 am to tell them I needed to go to the hospital. The manager on duty called a cab and went with us to the hospital, getting me immediately into an examining room, providing translation, and getting me admitted to the hospital. He stayed all day making sure arrangements were taken care of. Then, he came to help with checkout four days later when I left the hospital to return to the hotel. I can't say enough about the extraordinary lengths to which the staff of the Astoria Hotel is willing to go to ensure a guest's safety and health.

Room Tip: I like the fifth floor best