I stayed here for 3 nights recently for a business trip. I was deciding between ITC vs. Four Seasons - both were close to the office. I chose ITC because I wanted to collect SPG points and thought since it is a "Luxury Collection" from Starwood, it must still be fairly nice. I was unfortunately mistaken. It wasn't terrible at all, but honestly just okay, but disappointing from my initial expectations.
* Room - okay size (upgraded king bed room, not sure of the name), clean, but old furnishings. Bathroom was about 10-years overdue for a renovation. This is comparable more to the pre-renovated Sheratons in the U.S. from the early 2000s
* Service - okay but not consistent with that from a luxury hotel. Room service, general requests, etc., took quite long and I had to call to follow-up on several occasions
* Room Service / Food - good. Decent selection, good restaurant options at hotel, I did not get sick at all. No complaints
* Fitness Center - pathetic. Other than a few current cardio machines, you can assume the weights to be similar to those from the 1990s - bigger machines and very old
On my last day, I stopped by the Four Seasons to see whether that was any different and to my surprise, it was a night-and-day difference. Exponentially better. On my next business trip to Mumbai, I will certainly choose the Four Seasons, especially since the price is fairly comparable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- : ITC Grand Central, MumbaiITC Grand Central blends the old with the new, standing tall in the heart of the city. With its tower rising high into the sky, it captures the Gothic architectural flourish of colonial ‘Bombay’. The hotel offers a breathtaking 360 degree view of the city. A LEED Platinum Certified Hotel (USBGC), it is located in one of Mumbai’s leading business districts and is a few minutes ride away from key commercial and recreational centers.Dining& Recreation: *Kebabs & Kurries: An Award winning exclusive Indian restaurant offering cuisines of Royalty and Nawabs, rich in folklore and taste through a gastronomic journey of clay ovens, grills and simmering pots of delectable curries. *Hornby’s Pavilion: An all-day dining restaurant set in elegant surroundings, offers a pleasant rendezvous with warm sunlight during the day and cozy romantic setting during evenings. An international a-la-carte menu with traditional Indian favorites along with a delectable buffet spread is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. *Shanghai Club: An authentic exploration of Chinese cuisine crafted by expatriate chefs. *Dublin- The traditional Irish Pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, MakeMyTrip, Yatra, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, TravelGuru, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your ITC Grand Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Itc Grand Central Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)