“Really enjoyed the food and walking the streets”

Food Tours of Mumbai
Ranked #11 of 36 Food & Drink in Mumbai
More attraction details
Owner description: 'Food Tours of Mumbai', the first of its kind guided walking food tour in Mumbai, is a 3 hour tour around the most historic neighborhood of Mumbai that introduces you to the wonderful and delicious foods of India. Suitable for all ages and fitness levels, our food tour offers a spectacular variety of delicious Indian foods and drinks. During the food tour, each participant is introduced to the Indian cuisine and the fascinating history and culture of the city. We take you on a gastronomical adventure that will titillate your senses and leave you wanting for more. We are professionally certified by Food Tour Pros and have extensive experience of working with international clients. We promise that you will have plenty of 'delectable fun'!
Reviewed 31 December 2016

Yateen was really nice and knowledgable. We learned of significant points in Mumbai's history and architecture The food was awesome, and we had things I've never seen in a US Indian restaruant. There was a lot of variety.

All reviews
"barberries"
"stops"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

We booked our tour before arriving in Mumbai and we are so pleased we did. As a Chef in the U.K. The tour was a great insight to some really amazing restaurants that we visitors may not find on our own.

Starting the tour in Colaba we started with tandoori chicken and Paneer. Simply amazing. Having booked one meat and one veggie tour we where not disappointed. 7 stops and more than 7 aromatic plates to try. Wrapped sweet leafs with the an explosion of flavour to coconut fish curries we had a really great opportunity to eat where the locals eat.

I should have said at the start the tour guide was amazing. So knowledgeable of Mumbai (Bombay) history he really made it a great night out. Of course the food was star of the night but for me as a chef the guide explanation of each dish was great.

We recommend this tour for both Meat eaters and Vegetarians alike. Thank you for a great tour and great value for money.

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

This tour was awesome! Vegetarian only dishes were available and I was able to get the spice level adjusted for some of the dishes, which was a big help. The meeting point was easy to find and we walked up towards Churchgate stopping by various significant buildings and businesses along the way. I learned so much about Indian history, Mumbai's history and of course food. Every dish I tried was a first with my favorite being the paan. I was stuffed by the end. I'd highly recommend booking this tour!

Reviewed 16 October 2016

I enjoyed this tour very much. It's a great introduction to South Mumbai for those new to the city. Yateen took me to a variety of places, from fairly high-end restaurants to street food stalls. Along the way, he explained the history and architecture of the Fort, Colaba and Churchgate areas. The food is excellent, ranging from a superb Kerala fish curry to a sublime buffalo milk ice cream and including, of course, the quintessential Mumbai street food, vada paav.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Me and my wife went for this tour on 8th oct 16, started with Tandoori chicken which is very tasty. Totally we have tasted 7 dishes, my pick among them was Vada Pav which is lip smackling and Beri Pulao, a parsi dish which yummy with tangy berries. They not only explain you about the food (which is the theme of the tour), they give lot of information about history of Mumbai and its infrastructure. A must do in Mumbai if your are a Foodie.