“Awesome vegetarian friendly food tour”

Food Tours of Mumbai
Ranked #12 of 32 Food & Drink in Mumbai
More attraction details
Owner description: 'Food Tours of Mumbai', the first of its kind guided walking food tour in Mumbai, is a 3 hour tour around the most historic neighborhood of Mumbai that introduces you to the wonderful and delicious foods of India. Suitable for all ages and fitness levels, our food tour offers a spectacular variety of delicious Indian foods and drinks. During the food tour, each participant is introduced to the Indian cuisine and the fascinating history and culture of the city. We take you on a gastronomical adventure that will titillate your senses and leave you wanting for more. We are professionally certified by Food Tour Pros and have extensive experience of working with international clients. We promise that you will have plenty of 'delectable fun'!
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

This tour was awesome! Vegetarian only dishes were available and I was able to get the spice level adjusted for some of the dishes, which was a big help. The meeting point was easy to find and we walked up towards Churchgate stopping by various significant buildings and businesses along the way. I learned so much about Indian history, Mumbai's history and of course food. Every dish I tried was a first with my favorite being the paan. I was stuffed by the end. I'd highly recommend booking this tour!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"india"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 16 October 2016

I enjoyed this tour very much. It's a great introduction to South Mumbai for those new to the city. Yateen took me to a variety of places, from fairly high-end restaurants to street food stalls. Along the way, he explained the history and architecture of the Fort, Colaba and Churchgate areas. The food is excellent, ranging from a superb Kerala fish curry to a sublime buffalo milk ice cream and including, of course, the quintessential Mumbai street food, vada paav.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Me and my wife went for this tour on 8th oct 16, started with Tandoori chicken which is very tasty. Totally we have tasted 7 dishes, my pick among them was Vada Pav which is lip smackling and Beri Pulao, a parsi dish which yummy with tangy berries. They not only explain you about the food (which is the theme of the tour), they give lot of information about history of Mumbai and its infrastructure. A must do in Mumbai if your are a Foodie.

Reviewed 16 May 2016

My husband & I had a wonderful Mumbai tour! We tried tasty new things from places that we would have never gone to. The foods & variety were delicious. We also walked around the city and experienced it from a new perspective. We were treated to an educational history & architectural tour. This was a great way to experience Mumbai!

See more reviews
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

We only had a few days in Mumbai and being interested in local food didn't know which restaurants to go to. This was a great was of seeing the city, in the cool of the evening, and sampling some of the food that Mumbai has to offer. I enjoyed the history aspect and I felt like I learnt about some of the fort areas traditions. The particular highlights were the street food stalls, although the restaurants were also a nice way to sit down and chat over food and had significance on the 'food history' part of the tour. The experience is not cheap, but it's a plentiful meal and also an evenings entertainment. The only thing I could fault was that I didn't always know where I was. If I did it again I might have brought a map so I could contextualise where I was in a city that was new to me. If you had a choice better to do it on your first day in India rather than your last.