Hotel UniContinental
US$ 94
US$ 147
US$ 131
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Le Grande(Mumbai)(Great Value!)
US$ 56
US$ 48
US$ 110
US$ 105
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Dirty place to be in. Not a nice area to stay at to know Mumbai. only the proximity of the train station is good. Service was horrible. Rooms smelly and pillows were all stained and you would vomit if you looked inside the pillow case. Aggressive staff who didn't hand in the room key to a fellow traveller despite all bills having been paid.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MintyAngie
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Out of the 2 nights I stayed one night I could not sleep due to the dripping roof of my room, which was such a nagging sound of the water falling. Since it was the second night of my stay and started by 2 am in the night, I could not change to another room. None of the managers came to even see the problem. One housekeeping person visited at about 3.30 am and did nothing...ofcourse no immediate remedy was there. I don't know how Cleartrip authorizes such poor hotels for staying?

Room Tip: Never on the top floor
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I think that some of the negative reviews here come from guys who are expecting too much from a budget hotel in Bombay.

I've stayed in quite a few and they never have the luxury and good looks that Western travellers expect.

This hotel is a case in point. I have just left after 10 days there. It's cheap, cheerful and functional. My room was a decent size with a king-size bed. It was very clean, had everything I needed -good air con, a fridge, an ok TV, daily linen change and towels, and is in a really good location for those who need to be close to Bandra.

90 per cent of the time, the staff were good and professional. I didn't try the restaurants and bars but the room service food was excellent and well priced.

Sure, the walls have that stained look that Indian hotels do very well, the decor isn't from this century and the shower water doesn't get much warmer than just above tepid. But you really shouldn't expect too much more when you are paying just over Rs2,000 a night for a superior room in a good location. I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Richierahrah
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel because it´s central, near to the station. I don´t know the indian standards but compared to Germany... it´s a dump! :) I could laugh about it because I had disinfection spray and I was not afraid to use it. The bathroom was dirty, the sheets had some stains but it was okay (bring your own pillow case at least!). If you don´t have very high expectations, it´s a good hotel for you. You can use internet next to the reception, for less money.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Dulb
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Hello to whole new possible guest:
I'm am Brian from US, I am travelling thruough Asia and believe me when I'm saying that this Hotel it's terrible. I mean, from the beginning seems everything it's all right, but then nightmare comes...
I stayed 3 nights in 10-shared bedrom for 18 dolars/night, They never clean the bathroom (shared), they never change my sheet and towell, those are just small details right?, but the biggest problem is the staff... they woke me up all the nights I spent in Unicontinental around 3:00am beacuse staff were scream and shouting, and even after tell them to keep in silence because people were sleeping, They didn't care!! They kept going... I can say I don't care about luxuries but for 18 dolars the minimun can offer you it's not disturbing guests but forget it because They will...
You have to pay some "special" taxes, but some of my rommates didn't, so which is their rate? Who do pay and who doesn't?
No free internet, They told you "yes, we have wi-fi" but never tell you the price so before leaving appear some new bill and then you have to pay for internet 1 dolar/hour; the laundry is 1 dolar for a single short... and so on.
If they can drink your blood they'll do it, so If you're planning to stay at this Hotel watch out.

Room Tip: Don't get 10-shared bedroom
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo