Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 January 2020 via mobile

The Gordon House hotel is well situated in the main tourist area, Coloba. It is a short walk from the Gateway of India, and just behind the Taj Hotel (which I believe charges a little bit more for it’s rooms).
Our room was on the 3rd floor and was a reasonable size for a city hotel. It was however let down somewhat by the lack of any view from the window (when we opened the blinds all we could see were a stack of air conditioning units) and a very small bathroom.
The staff were all very friendly and provided us with very good service.
The issue of the noise from the bar on the first floor or the building has been mentioned in many other reviews of this property. In our third floor room we were certainly aware of the noise and the vibrations it caused. It did not stop us from sleeping, but we can appreciate that people in rooms on the 2nd floor or who are light sleepers might well find it a problem.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Gordon House hotel and we would consider staying there again if we ever return to Mumbai (but not on the 2nd floor).

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graham_J0hn
Reviewed 15 November 2019 via mobile

We only spent one night in The Gordon House Hotel but we couldn’t fault it.

Our room was large, comfortable, quiet and spotlessly clean. I agree with some previous posts that the bathroom could do with a bit of TLC but that didn’t bother us.

It’s in an amazing location, right in the heart of Colaba - walking distance to all the local sites, restaurants and bars. It’s quite a drive from the airport but worth it.

Staff are really friendly and helpful and breakfast was delicious. We used the nearby gym facilities too which are handy and only a 5/10 minute walk away.

No complaints and would definitely stay again if we’re back in Mumbai!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank scarlettj115
Reviewed 12 November 2019

We stayed for three nights and the hotel is in a great location for exploring Mumbai. The staff were helpful - there was some confusion around an early morning taxi booking and someone from the hotel kindly found one nearby for us. We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the service in the restaurant was excellent. We were pleased with our room and housekeeping. Overall, a very good stay!

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank MaddyMinerals
Reviewed 12 November 2019 via mobile

Nice hotel, good staff.

Like previous posts, try to get a room on 3rd floor as the nightclub gets a bit loud till 1.30.

Bed very hard and bathrooms tiny, but all well maintained and managed.

Breakfast ok.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank its_me_im_here
Reviewed 14 October 2019

I stayed 4 nights at the Gordon House during a recent visit to Mumbai when my usual hotel jacked up its rates to nose bleed level. The Gordon House was close by and while a bit lower down the star scale still mostly fitted my needs. I was given a room on the 4th floor which is touted as the "Scandinavian" floor. I am not sure what that means apart from having a blonde wood floor but being higher and at the back of the building meant little or no street noise which is always a bonus in Mumbai. On one night I returned after midnight to be greeted with unbelievably loud music and shouting from the hotel bar which is on a mezzanine off the entrance and was then very surprised to find no noise audible once I reached my room. The room was a good size with a king size bed that was far too hard for my preference. It also had a desk and chair, armchair and closet and a minibar and kettle with tea-making supplies.

The bathroom was the downside. So small that I had to sidle past the door to get to the toilet and the shower had a glass panel with an almost uncomfortably small entry gap. The bathroom (but not the bedroom) also required a bit of tender loving care with many chipped tiles and marks in the grout. On the other hand there was a good shower with plentiful hot water. There was also a good and very reasonably priced laundry service.

The wifi worked well all the time after the first log-in. There were a couple of short power cuts which is common everywhere in India but nothing that was really inconvenient and I suspect that there is a generator tucked away somewhere to cover any prolonged outage.

I had dinner in the restaurant the first night and breakfast there each day. Dinner was disappointing in that they specialize in fairly mediocre non-Indian food but breakfast offered a range of cooked to order India dishes with a particularly good masala dosa. The staff in general ranged from uninterested to very helpful. Oddly, after each service such as recommending a local service provider or finding a cab the staff member asked for my room number even when I was sitting at the checkin desk. What is that about? The bell man at the front door was particularly helpful.

Overall, the Gordon House is in a convenient area with good room rates and the standard and services are what you would expect from a 3 star hotel.

Room tip: Back of the building on the top floor is quiet
Date of stay: September 2019