All reviews boutique hotel havana bar regal cinema boutique feel gateway to india colaba causeway cafe leopold location location location the ground floor taj mahal hotel fantastic location walking distance elephanta island restaurant downstairs breakfast was delicious small hotel south bombay
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

My friend and I spent one night here and it was a lovely experience. We were headed to bandra but wanted to spend a day in colaba just to explore and get the feel of south Mumbai. The hotel is very well located to all the attractions of south Mumbai as well as nice restaurants around to eat. The breakfast has a good spread and the staff is very polite and kind. Would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank Amaria97
GMMarsHospitality, General Manager at The Gordon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

First of all I would like to thank you for spending your precious time to write a review.

We aim to provide a truly unique experience, and I am delighted that you enjoyed our stay at our Hotel .

I am grateful to you for your generous appreciation of the Hotel location. as well as our Breakfast menu and your kind words of appreciation for our Hotel staff.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

The Gordon House has a fantastic location right near India Gate and the Taj Palace Hotel. The breakfast was delicious and the staff very friendly. The bar was a little loud on the weekend and we could hear it from our room, but was not a problem.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Madeline L

First of all I would like to thank you for spending time to write a review. I am delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us.

I would like to thank you for the nice words about the Breakfast, Hotel location and our staff and such appreciation always help to get the best out of our team members.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope The Gordon House Hotel remains your hotel of choice in Mumbai on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

It's the best possible location just 5 minutes away from gateway and almost behind Taj Mahal hotel.
It's amidst busy roads but the rooms are really quite...didnt have trouble at all with noise.
All the good and famous eateries are just 5-10 minutes away from the hotel(walking distance)
The room is very comfortable and convenient.
First look you may feel there isn't options for breakfast buffet but there have a long list of hot dishes to be prepared on demand.

The staff all over the hotel are very helpful and kind.

They were also very kind to give us a late check out even though it was a busy time for them....

Only suggestions for the hotel to improve is the Wi-Fi(please improve the connectivity)it shows strength is good but connects only when it wants to connect
I did call the staff twice n restarted the router which helped...even as I type this it says Wi-Fi isn't working.
Also the curtain doesn't cut off light totally when u want to sleep in during day light...but wasn't much of trouble.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GMMarsHospitality, General Manager at The Gordon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

First of all I would like to thank you for spending time to write a review.

I am delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us. I would like to thank you for the nice words about our staff and such appreciation always help to get the best out of our team members.

I am happy that you found us and we will ensure that our hospitality would never let you go. Your comments about the Hotel location , rooms, breakfast and ambience are indeed heart-warming . With regards to the wi-fi connectivity , we shall look into and address the issue.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This is supposed to be a 4 star hotel. Rooms are very outdated. Reception needs to be upgraded. Bathrooms are a tight squeeze and upgraded. Beds are very uncomfortable. When you exit your room it looks down into reception. Foid also not great. Would not recommend.

1  Thank Indira G
GMMarsHospitality, General Manager at The Gordon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time out to write a review on Trip Advisor .

I regret to know that you did not have a satisfactory stay experience on your recent visit to the hotel and some of our Hotel facilities did not meet your expectations. We have also noted the fact that the room needs refurbishment and you found our beds not too comfortable. However I have shared your feedback with my team to ensure that the issues are redressed and you receive the highest level of service on your next visit. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you . We look forward to welcoming you back with an absolute assurance of better services.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Centrally located in south Mumbai, behind the Taj hotel and close to sea and Gateway of India. Walking distance to lovely restaurants and shopping. Staff members are lovely and helpful, the rooms are pleasant and clean, and the breakfast is very good. This is my place in Mumbai.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
GMMarsHospitality, General Manager at The Gordon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us on this travel site and share your valuable feedback about the hotel.

We always aim to provide a truly unique experience, and I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay at the Hotel . I am grateful to you for your generous appreciation of the location of our Hotel, rooms , breakfast menu and the Hotel staff.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope The Gordon House Hotel remains your hotel of choice whenever you visit Mumbai.