All reviews boutique hotel havana bar regal cinema boutique feel gateway to india colaba causeway cafe leopold location location location the ground floor taj mahal hotel fantastic location walking distance elephanta island restaurant downstairs breakfast was delicious small hotel south bombay
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Fantastic location, very near the Gateway to India. Helpful staff and comfortable rooms, each with its own theme. Perhaps a little odd to be given a Scandinavian-themed room when staying in Mumbai, but this can be overlooked. Some of the rooms can be noisy because of the hotel's location, so book carefully.

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
GMMarsHospitality, General Manager at The Gordon House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Mumbai city, and taking time to review us on this travel forum.

Your comments about our Hotel location,rooms,and the staff are indeed heart-warming.

We have noted your concern about the rooms being noisy and we would like to assure you on your next visit we shall allot you a quiet room.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope The Gordon House Hotel remains your hotel of choice in Mumbai on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

This is My First preference...whenever i travel to Mumbai.

For me its a complete hotel in all the sense

1) Location > Bang on Gateway of India....You ca go for a morning & evening Walk
2) Food > Lots of options inside & outside th Hotel
3) Rooms - Perfect & comfortable rooms for Stay with every room has unique design
4) Party - If you like partying -There is an option inside hotel only & lots of option nearby
5) Staff - Super Amazing Staff

I would say...in cas you hvae to stay @ South Mumbai...This is the Place

Thanks Gordan house Team for always pampering Me :)

• Trip type: Travelled on business

First of all I would like to thank you for spending your precious time to write a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for a wonderful feedback and i am delighted to know you enjoyed our hospitality and services. Me and my team humbly appreciate the positive word of mouth and we look forward to welcoming you back again and again to create many such unforgettable memories.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

The Hotel is situated in Colaba in Mumbai which makes it an ideal Hotel to stay if you have shopping to do plus see the historical Site of Gateway of India.plus Good Restaurants nearby the Hotel.
The Hotel itself is well maintained, clean with hospitable staff
The rooms are big with all the basics.
It has a plus with the " Stir Fry Restaurant " , and Havana Restaurant which is very busy at night especially Saturday Night.
It will be one of my favourites Hotels to stay and its reasonable to stay as well.

Room tip: Avoid Saturday Night as its noisy with the music...Otherwise Excellent stay .
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ameerudin

First of all I would like to thank you for spending time to write a review. I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations over the years.

I would like to thank you for the nice words about our staff and such appreciation always help to get the best out of our team members. I am also grateful for your generous appreciation of the room and the culinary offerings.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Picked up this hotel for its nearness to Gateway of India and the price. What a pleasant surprise. Very friendly, helpful and courteous staff.
Well appointed room and tastefully done.
Everything works
Good food - though not too many cuisines.

Lobby is clean and functional.

If you aren’t so fussy about a great lobby it is worth a shot.

Trip type: Travelled solo

It is so nice to see your review being shared with us.

The team at The Gordon House Hotel joins me in thanking you for the appreciation and generous response of our service and facilities offered at our hotel. Your appreciation of the rooms , staff and food in particular will encourage us to scale greater heights of excellence.

We thank you for this feedback and I do hope that you have many more opportunities to visit us again in future.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself, the room and the location are awesome. But sleeping was just impossible as the whole room was vibrating with the rhythm of the bass of the music of the club below until 3 am.
The staff seemed to be as passive as aware.
Running an hotel that has so poor acoustic protection seems to me completely irresponsible.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank elieparis

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback on this travel forum

We appreciate the fact that you liked the hotel, room and its location. However, with regards to the noise from the club, I have shared your feedback with my team to ensure that the issue would would be redressed and you receive the highest level of service on your next visit.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you soon.