Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai
Agoda.com
US$ 161
US$ 113
Agoda.com
Hotel Le Grande(Mumbai)(Great Value!)
US$ 48
US$ 103
US$ 80
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjuhu beachkebab hutbeach hotelmorning walkswimming poolsea viewchinese restaurantcoffee shopfive star hoteldecent hotelexecutive roomquality of foodpleasant stayclose to the airportweddingambienceindia
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was the first high end beach hotel in Mumbai, then Bombay. Pictures of the Hollywood and Bollywood stars who stayed here grace the lobby. Lovely pool, swaying palm trees, right on the beach. On rung down from the top tier of Indian hotels ( which are some of the grandest in the world), this has a classic simplicity that I really enjoy. Reminds me of Key West or the Caribbean in the 50's. Food is good and varied.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you soon at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Juhu, Mumbai!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I've made a youtube video as a review of this hotel, please see for detailed information..

This hotel is located at the very famous and popular Juhu Beach. It also has close proximity to Bandra, Andheri and the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai.

Since the hotel was booked by the company I work for, I got a negotiated discounted rate among other facilities like complimentary pickup and drop to/from the airport.

The room that I stayed in wasn't sea facing so all I got was a crap view. Be sure to ask for a beach facing room if you decide to stay here.

The hotel has a beach facing bar and coffee shop that serves food and drinks 24/7. Its restaurants are also famous with the Bollywood actors for the quality of food it serves.

Overall, I would rate this hotel a 4 on a scale of 1-5.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach facing room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! The video link you've shared with us is private and cannot be accessed unless logged in. We hope to see you again at Sun-n-Sand, Juhu, Mumbai!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

The location of this property is extremely good, on the beach of Juhu and has a wicket gate to the beach so evenings are fantastic. Pick up from airport and drop are quite ok. Over all, situated in convenient location of Mumbai. Room allotted to us was ok but quite small. Complimentary drinks offered for 01 hour is an attraction. Complimentary breakfast was quite good.

But the front office staff were very arrogant. I was expected to reach the hotel by 6 AM hence hence mentioned time of arrival as 6 AM, but reached at about 5-15 AM and they made me to wait till 6 AM although the room was vacant. My wife wanted to use the wash room but after several requests also the front office staff did not allow us to go to our room. Bad experience after over night tired journey.

I would like to visit this property again and also recommend to others. Hope the arrogance of staff on duty does not upset me and others.

Room Tip: Ocean facing room should be good
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shivayovi S

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay and the facilities that we offer to make our guests feel special.

Our check in timing is 12 noon and guests who request for early check (prior to 1000 Hrs) are at most times charged for previous nights accommodation. However we have made an exception in your case and the early check in fee was waived. We apologize that our front desk was not able to explain this to you clearly. We have noted your feedback and shall be taking necessary action.

Once again thank you for staying with us and we would love to see you again at Sun-n-Sand Hotel.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

I fail to understand where people are coming from this is an excellent hotel I stayed there for 2 weeks in January with my wife and son. Service was attentive and the staff 1st class. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a good hotel in the Mumbai Area

Room Tip: All very good
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank alanwaters24
SunnSandHotelGroup, Manager at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Juhu, Mumbai with us. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Very bad services. The worst customer service of ever. They just want your money...food really expensive and not good at all !!!! They jump on you as soon as you order something but you have to ask twice at least to have your change...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Negative though it may have been, it helps to keep us on our toes and improve our overall service and guest experience. This year we are celebrating our Golden Anniversary and have been practicing our credo "Small enough to listen, Big enough to serve". I have communicated your feedback to our F&B in-charge and a corrective action plan has already been put in place. Once again thank you for your feedback.