“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #29 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai
Houston, Texas
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I do not have words to describe the excellent service provided by this hotel.
I got a room on the 11 th floor with a beautiful view of the city. I was totally amazed by the home entertainment audio system. Rooms also have a state of the art system where you can open the curtains and control the lights.
The staff is very hopeful and friendly. There is bar where where you can have a drink and listen good music. The breakfast quality is excellent.
I really recommend this hotel and if I come back to Mumbai I definitely stay there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
AnandPadmanabhan, Director of Sales at Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai, responded to this review, 24 April 2012

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj President Mumbai

Thank you very much for your kind comments on the hotel and we are most thankful for the valuable feedback.

It is our constant endeavor to serve you better and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Vivanta by Taj President Mumbai
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Delhi
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Amazing service, Breakfast at Trattoria (the cafe is amazing) , their Pizzas are one of the best in the city.
the pool is small but clean.
Rooms are great, state of the art AV systems in place.
The room service has almost everything u can ask for. They have 9 different types of Pillows to choose from ( so u get an idea).
The only glitch is no free Internet. Internet rates are a Rip off .

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Aman O

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj President Mumbai

Internet being an outsourced facility is a charged service and we have noted your feedback for future reference.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed in the Vivanta by Taj from March 24- April 5. I arrived to the hotel via pre-paid cab at 0600. It cost 500INRs ($10.00 dollars). Now the hotel is very clean and the receptionist greeted well. I have travelled 16 hours plus 3 hours layover in Turkey so I was hoping to get right into a shower and bed. They front desk receptionist told me what time was check in. I had shown them my paperwork from Hotels.Com and it stated I required an early check in. Once they seen that paper work I was immediately processed and shown to my room. The great thing I liked about this hotel is they gave me a room orientation. I was shown the remote and how to turn on off the lights, iron and iron board storage locations, how to adjust the room A/C etc. Now I had stayed in other hotels where they assumed you know how to use the equipment and items storages.

The breakfast buffet was great and they even offered me a try of the traditional Indian breakfast. The chefs make great western omelets etc. I arrived for breakfast more at the end due to my vacation needs where I felt I do not need to awake each day at the crack of dawn. There was still food appropriate for me to decide upon. I had no issue of food running out.

To end, I would be hard press to find a true fault and issue. The security is fully staffed and they even have guard dogs in the night. There was always someone to open your door when car rolled up. The only negative I can even mention is they do a call at 1330hours for security checks. I had placed a "do not disturb" sign on my door the same AM I arrived but I got awaken at 1330 to ensure I was okay and to assess if I need any housekeeping needs. Apparently, later on when I decided to read the hotel in room information sheets, it is clearly stated that all rooms will have a 1330 check. The neighborhood is safe and Mumbai in general is very very safe. The area is suburb type appearance but very very busy as most of Mumbai. It is walking distance to the Taj and the ferries to Elephanta Caves. I walked many time to the central spot where the swanky eating places are. If you are feeling lazy it is 50 INRs to the central corners of Colaba strip.

Room Tip: I stayed in 513 so choose a high level to view the city. You hear no city sounds.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank 24Karats
AnandPadmanabhan, Director of Sales at Vivanta by Taj - President, Mumbai, responded to this review, 20 April 2012

Reviewed 17 April 2012

The best service oriented hotel I hav come across from the front office efficiency to the security in the entrance. Tks for upgrade to a suite. However the elevators have to be looked into as it's so creaky and does not giv a good image for a hotel of this standard.

• Stayed April 2012

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Stayed just 1 night... or rather a day. Booked from Riyadh and they took the reservation late night. My stay was from 5 AM to 6 PM. Not the usual checkin/check out timings, but while they didnt promise me to accomodate the timings, they said they would try. And thankfully they did! Even though I didnt book a sea view room, they provided me one, and both me and wife were pleasantly surprised. Morning buffet was inclusive, and though not the best, was elaborate and filling... The rooms are spic and span, though small, very comfortable... I loved their bed... jsut snuggled into cosy comfort and slept long... No noise... very quiet... and they answer on beck and call... Would love to be there again...

Room Tip: Sea view rooms... the streaming sun that wakes u up, was almost filmy :D
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple