4,084 results
All reviews masala bay sea link band stand arabian sea chinese restaurant club room sea facing coffee shop butler service in room dining an upgrade business trip room service excellent hotel great hospitality excellent stay rooms are spacious
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Bandra is one of the most happening places in mumbai.It has a fabulous gastropub named House of Nomad located at TAJ LANDS END BANDRA on LEVEL 1..The menu focuses on variety of cocktails,shots from all around the world.It was my privilege to meet AJ Snetler ( renowned award winning bartender) popularly known as "The Tattooed Bartender" from Taj Capetown who has come down to Taj Lands End bandra.Will be here till 29 th Jan 2018. He is a genius. and extremely down to earth person. I and my friend tried some of amazing specially curated cocktails and mocktails here. They also have a small plates menu...The ambience is vibrant. It has nice comfortable high chair seating with good music playing along .Stout reductions are made in-house.
Hospitality and service of staff is exceptional and precise.

Coming to variety i tried here from

BAR MENU (AJ SNETLER'S COCKTAILS /MOCKTAILS)

-The Monk's Sour - Signature drink preparation of AJ Snetler.Talisker,yellow chartreuse (herbal liquor),lime ,violets cordial ,basil and egg white used in the preparation of this amazing drink.Extremely original and Creative drink.

Non alcoholic version -Cranberry ,mango ,guava juice used in preparation.Can name it Virgin Sour.

-Anna sophia cocktail -This is another amazing creation of AJ.
Kettle one vodka from Netherlands,lavender syrup,lime and wine used in preparation of this soothing drink.

Non alcoholic version drink had the egg white ,lavander ,lime juice.used in its preparations

-La Familia cocktail - This is Tequila based drink.It had tequila.pineapple mix juice,roast pepper ,lime ,sugar,honey used in it..
Normally tequila drinks are bitter but this was not at all bitter.Must try!!

-Aomenica Cocktail -This is another signature creation gin based cocktail of "The Tattooed barterender" - It had original Tanqueray from Brazil ,St Germain liqueur with elder flower (bacardi brand) ,violette,lime and apercol used in its preparations.

-Constable K's - Whiskey based cocktail. This had woodford reserve,(premium bourbon whiskey-master of malt) pineapple juice,masala syrup ,coconut milk and angostura infused alcolholic mixture from Trinidad & Tobago in it.

All his drinks were simply wow.Very different from each other.Highly recommended to try all of them!!

FOOD MENU(Small plates)

-Truffle arugula and Parmesan Flat Bread - This is signature dish for me .Like a flat bread pizza .Flavour-aroma of Truffle desribes the class of this dish for me.

-Stuff zucchini cheese-Thin sliced Zucchini Fries dusted in breadcrumbs and baked.Extremely tasty with parmesan.. Simply fabulous

-Spanakopita(spinach & goat cheese phyllo)- Spinach flavour spanakopita served with sour cream and goat cheese stuffing .So yummy and extremely crisp.

-Paneer Sheermal Roll -Paneer served in sheermal(a sweetened bread) .Its a Awadhi speciality ,saffron in colour.

-Burrata -served with virgin olive oil,basil and croutons ..Mind blowing appetizer .Highly recommended

Overall a great place to catch up with friends,special ones.Great combination of heavenly drinks,food,music and good service.All in one package sums it all..A great weekend ,late night hangout place in Mumbai!!

A place surely not to be missed.Highly recommended

Saumil shah

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
PChander, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Saumil,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor following your experience with us. I am glad to know that you had a pleasant experience in the House of Nomad . Your words of appreciation have been shared with our team and they are enthused to know that their efforts have been appreciated by you.

If in the meantime there is anything I can do for you please feel free to let me know directly.
My e-mail address for easy reference is tlegm.bom@tajhotels.com.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 January 2018

We stayed at the hotel for two nights and going to and from the room was a nightmare. There was a large insurance conference going on and sometimes you waited for an elevator for more than 5 minutes and when it finally came it would be full of people so you had to wait even longer. Also on the second day there was some work going on in the room above ours and that too in the afternoon and I had to call the guest relations executives 5 times before the work stopped after 45 minutes, at which point there was no point trying to get a rest.

The rooms on the 17th floor which we were told have been recently refurbished are well appointed and large. The staff are extremely polite.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

We have sincerely made a note of your feedback and apologize for the same. Please be rest assured that we will look into the concern raised and do everything possible to ensure such discomfort is not repeated.

We really look forward to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I have mixed feelings about this hotel as I was staying here for a friend's wedding that was hosted at the hotel, which in turn was an amazing event, but the hotel service and hospitality certainly wasn't.

I was expecting better for my 3 night stay here after an incredibly lovely 4 night stay at the JW Marriott on Juhu beach.

It all started with a nightmare at check in:

As we were staying here for a friend's wedding, I had already paid for 2 nights stay prior to arriving as all wedding guests were provided with a stay in a Grand Luxury room. I had booked a twin room prior to arriving but was told on check in that only a king room was allocated for our stay. I went through my emails to confirm that I had requested a twin room and not a king room. All I was told was that there were no twin rooms in the Grand Luxury category available and I could either settle for a king Grand Luxury room or a twin room in the Deluxe category, both of which I refused. We were then told to wait in the lobby so the staff could understand why the requested room was not available.

We were waiting in the lobby for over 1.5 hours, by which time all other wedding guests had been allocated rooms, yet nobody from the hotel came to provide us with an update on our situation. I then approached the reception desk again to get an update, this time being told that the twin Grand Luxury room was unavailable as the previous guests decided to extend their stay. The only options we were provided with were a king Grand Luxury room or downgrade to a twin Deluxe room. I refused the king room as I was sharing the room with my mum, but requested that I settle for the Deluxe room without paying for the 3rd night's stay, or we would go back to the JW Marriott hotel. This prompted the reception staff to upgrade our room to the luxury suite instead, which comes with 2 separate rooms and a kitchen, along with access to the lounge and afternoon tea everyday. Whilst the room was being prepared, we were offered a Deluxe room to settle in for about an hour.

I found the Deluxe room very dated and in need of refurbishment, from the wall paint, carpet and furniture. The Deluxe category room at the JW Marriott Juhu is far better for the same price.

The Luxury suite however was newly refurbished and far more modern and elegant in comparison. It is just a shame that we had to endure a 3 hour nightmare at check in to get an upgrade, rather than being offered that immediately, when instead we were offered a downgrade.

The hotel was going through a huge refurbishment on the floor that our room was on, which meant that there was a lot of noise, along with a strong toxic-like smell of paint and varnish in the hall way.

Another big issue with this hotel are the elevators. During our stay, one of the 3 elevators was out of service which meant that it took at least a 10 minute wait for an elevator to arrive, leading to many people complaining.

On the plus side, the lobby area is very airy and the hotel has a good selection of bars and restaurants.

The outdoor grounds around the hotel are huge and provided a great setting for the wedding ceremony and evening reception. The hotel was also able to cater for other events due to the space it has available. The fort area that the hotel overlooks provides a nice location to watch the sun set, and leads to the board walk along the sea for a nice stroll.

All in all, the hotel provided a nice setting for the wedding but if it wasn't for the event itself, the experience of the stay would have been dire.

Room Tip: If your room is unavailable, push for an upgrade!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kishan C
PChander, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear Kishan,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review further to your experience at Taj Lands End, Mumbai. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. In an effort to make sincere improvements, we would like to connect with you to understand our shortcomings in detail.
May we please request you to share your contact details with us and a convenient time to call so that we may speak with you. We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Lands End, Mumbai soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I loved this place so much during our 2015 trip that we decided to book again at this location for 2 stays in Nov/Dec 2017. No complains about the room ....they were very good except for loud noise and fighting in the middle of the night from the partying guests across the hall. Security tried to calm the situation but were not successful.
Breakfast was excellent but the staff were all new and did not do a good job serving. I witnessed a gentleman (I guess maybe Manager) yelling and talking rudely to the new staff which in my opinion is very very wrong and inappropriate. Service was definitely lacking and I could clearly see that all the familiar faces (staff) were replaced. Another point I noted that all foreigners (meaning visible) got better service than others....I was also a foreigner but I did not receive special service. This is totally wrong. Every guest deserves the same attention & service weather he is a visible foreigner or not.
Food menu for dinner does not have many choices and the prices unbelievable ...eg ..I ordered only white rice and daal and was charged 2000 rupees....are you for real?
You really disappointed me this time and you failed the Taj Hospitality. As mentioned, rooms are great and breakfast is excellent but service is definitely lacking and staff need to be trained and treated better. It's the hard work from staff that gets a business good reviews and more business. Very clean and well maintained building and situated in a good location. All the best to Taj Landsend Team

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nazira D
PChander, General Manager at Taj Lands End Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Dear Nazir,

Reviewed 15 January 2018

My wife and I returned today after an amazing stay at The Lands End.
I thank you and your staff for going out of the way to make our stay a most enjoyable and memorable one.
I must especially appreciate Prajakta from the front office who hosted us and treated us like family!
And Pritam Koli from Ming Yang who looked after us so well in the restaurant.
The stay was perfect , no noise, Higher floor, sea view., the cake,the card, the flowers and so many gestures. .. . fantastic.
We are so looking forward to our next visit there.

A very big THANK YOU .

Dr Sankaran

Room Tip: full sea facing room
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Sankaran,

Greetings from Taj Lands End, Mumbai!

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor following your experience with us. I am glad to know that you had a pleasant stay. Your words of appreciation have been shared with our team and they are enthused to know that their efforts have been appreciated by you.

My e-mail address for easy reference is tlegm.bom@tajhotels.com.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards,