We stayed at the Luxury Sea view room for almost a week. The relaxing ambience of the room struck me almost immediately. Add to it the fact that it is pretty well equipped & has nice view of the sea/bandstand. The online portal is quite user friendly and the desk responded to my pre-arrival question(s) swiftly.
It was way past midnight when our 2 hr late flight landed in Mumbai. Obviously we were tired and with my back problem + a general regard for ultimate comfort, I wanted the room to be the antidote for the day. AND IT WAS!
THE ROOM: Upon entering I noticed: an inviting dim atmosphere, just the right amount of accessories (not too cluttered but not a hollow cabinet either) and a world class bathroom. Went to sleep immediately. Only in the morning I realized that we had a great view to enjoy the tea with. The room overlooked couple of celebrity bungalows, the famous Bandstand & of course the sea itself. The little TV by the bath tub is a good addition and I just soaked in for more than an hour there.
FOOD: Breakfast at the restaurant VISTA is available till abt 1030 which is a boon for late risers like us. A great mix of Indian & continental stuff. Lunch/Dinner at the VISTA was a very well spread out buffet and leaves you full & satisfied. On Sundays, they have the big one- the Sunday Brunch. I was delighted to find Dim Sums, Sushi, mussels & other mostly seafood based dishes. Being Indian but living in Hong Kong, I was surely delighted to see these as simply adore them. Of course one can have the same in the Chinese restaurant Ming Yang too on a daily basis.
The Concierge folks are knowledgeable and had quick answers to our logistics related questions. Car is available almost on demand (inclusion of SUV was impressive but was slightly surprised to see the absence of a full blown sedan like BMW 5 series etc. as I saw other similar range hotels having them). But no biggie as the sedan they had was also pretty good and with very well trained chauffeurs. The 24/7 Butler service is also very quick and responsive.
Overall I guess the room's atmosphere, view etc. resulted in a very relaxed experience & made me wonder why I didn’t stay here on my previous visits to the city. Guess we all learn eventually...;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj Lands End, Mumbai offers the best of both worlds - breathtaking views of the sea and the energy of city life. The hotel is located in the heart of Bandra, which buzzes with activity day and night. An integral part of the Taj Luxury Hotels, Taj Lands End offers some of the city's finest accommodation, dining experiences, and comprehensive conferencing and banqueting facilities. The hotel offers the ideal blend of business and leisure with easy accessibility to the Bandra-Kurla, Andheri and Worli business districts as well as the domestic and international airport. Taj Lands End Mumbai is modern, but like all Taj hotels, reflects India's warm and heartfelt traditions of hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, ClearTrip, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Lands End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Lands End Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Taj Lands End Mumbai Hotel