New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 430 Hotels in Mumbai
New York City, New York
“Safety First”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

On my most recent trip to Mumbai, I decided to stay at the Oberoi rather than the Taj which had always been my favorite, right by the Gate of India. But the mental images of the bombings broadcast on CNN several Thanksgiving weekends ago made me uneasy about visiting my old haunt alone on a business trip. I really made the right choice! Although the Oberoi had also been attacked, it has been fully restored beautifully with exceedingly conscientious security on entering, unlike the Taj which is still half under construction with a very chaotic side entrance serving as the only egress.

I was very well looked after at the Oberoi, from the butler who brought me some exquisite lotion because I appeared to like cosmetics and toiletries judging from my bathroom (!), to the kitchen that kept me stocked in mangos when they learned how much I like them. I was in the least expensive room category, but within the first of a four day stay, everyone knew my name and seemed to want to make my stay as enjoyable as possible.

One tip: the hotel provides one way complimentary car service to or from the airport, which is very useful for the 2:00 am flights to the West. Yet another safety feature to make Oberoi guests feel comfortable and looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. The traffic noise along the oceanfront might keep you awake.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review through TripAdvisor.

The team at The Oberoi, Mumbai is immensely proud to read your review. It is indeed very heartening to know that you have had a memorable experience and that you enjoyed the overall product and the ambience of the hotel.

We believe in empowering our team members to enable them to create lasting memories. I am delighted to note that your Butler could create these special moments for you.

We eagerly await your return to The Oberoi, Mumbai.

varun.chhibber@oberoihotels.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stayed in the spring of 2011. The Oberoi Hotel is located in Nariman Point, a district near Marina Drive. The area feels very safe and you can walk around in the middle of the night without anyone disturbing you. The hotel is very conveniently located close to the main sights.

The service was excellent. The front desk staff were always very helpful. We arrived early but were checked in immediately. Our standard room, although not very big, was nice and cozy, with a very clean bathroom. The view from the room was amazing. The important thing is that the security system is very good so we felt very safe throughout our stay.

The hotel has two restaurants (both fairly good) and a bar. Live music every night. Relaxing atmosphere... In short, there is all you need for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank miroma
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and for posting your generous feedback.

We are delighted to note that you have had a most comfortable stay with us and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

We are pleased to share that The Oberoi, Mumbai has received the “TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence” this accolade, which honours hospitality excellence, is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveller reviews on TripAdvisor, and is extended to qualifying businesses worldwide. Approximately 10 % of accommodations listed on TripAdvisor receive this prestigious award.

Your generous compliments have been shared with the entire team for whom this will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

My team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

I would stay here always if the location would be a bitnmore to the north. Have stayed last 2 years about 20 times in mumbai, our offices are in the north and seen the distance and travel time I usually stay in Taj Land Ends, also a good hotel, but the oberoi is just a league of quality and service higher hen then the taj lands end.

Thanks to the team and good care, keep on this level of service.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review through TripAdvisor.

We are all delighted to know that your experience at The Oberoi, Mumbai has exceeded your expectations in every way.

At The Oberoi, we take great pride in the services we offer and your recognition motivates us to strive harder for excellence.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your home in Mumbai.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

The Oberoi hotel, Mumbai is situated on the Marine Drive, the well-known road in south Mumbai. From Mumbai international airport the hotel distance is only one hour driving journey and spending few minute walking time guests can reach entertainment, Business and financial districts.

I had stayed here 15days during my Mumbai trip. The hotel was good for me because I enjoyed direct sightseeing of Arabian sea through my bed rooms. The hotel is located central place where anyone can reach all business place by spending few minutes on walking.

I had booked one deluxe room, the room length was 31 square meters, the room contains two king sized bed, straight ocean views, flat LCD television, DVD player with paid satellite channel. High speed interment access , refrigerator, modern bathroom amenities including rainfall showerhead, shower tube, hair dryer , shaving/makeup mirror , air conditioning bathroom, slippers and bathrobes. Air conditioning in room with remote control.

I had booked room in Oberoi hotel through a travel agent call TravelMaxx.org a Delhi based travel agent. They had arranged me a travel operator in order to make easy my Mumbai trip. The guider was too intelligent and pleasant mind. I was taking morning breakfast from restaurant of Oberoi hotel, the breakfast was too good. I loved its traditional Indian breakfast.

During my period in Oberoi I cannot face any kind of transport problem. The hotel offered my AC car to travel around Mumbai and other parts. I think this was my best hotel in Mumbai.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Richard M
TheOberoi_Mumbai, General Manager at The Oberoi, Mumbai, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing detailed experience of your stay through TripAdvisor.

The Oberoi, Mumbai, re-opened recently, after an extensive refurbishment. The hotel is redesigned to be the ultimate destination for contemporary style and luxury in the city of Mumbai. Keeping in mind our guest’s comforts, all our rooms are well appointed with innovative features using the latest technology.

The team is thrilled to know that The Oberoi, Mumbai is your preferred hotel in Mumbai.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

The hotel is renovated very recently and it is very new, modern and clean. Nice coffee bar in the lobby with live piano music. The room is good and comfortable, good bed and modern shower and bath. Good fitness facility with modern equipment. Choise of different restaurants which are all good. At night you can have a drink at the bar with live music from a nice band who plays there for years already.
I am travelling a lot in India and stayed in many hotels but Oberoi Mumbai is the best! Good job!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank maarten v
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience through TripAdvisor.

All of us are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the facilities and the ambience of the hotel.

We have 3 speciality restaurants at The Oberoi, Mumbai – Fenix, which is our new all – day dining restaurant, which serves the best of world cuisine, Vetro, the Italian restaurant, presents the best of traditional and modern Italian cuisine. Ziya, specialises in contemporary Indian cuisine, which is under the direction of the twice Michelin starred Chef Vineet Bhatia.

At The Eau Bar Mr. George Jacob has been playing over 25 years and your generous compliments motivates him and his band to strive for excellence.

We look forward to your return and assure you of our best service and attention at all times.