US$ 134
US$ 138
US$ 107
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 120/night.

US$ 137
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 164/night.

US$ 141
US$ 104
US$ 96
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 117/night.

US$ 114
US$ 102
US$ 165
US$ 112
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 125/night.

Hotel Le Grande(Mumbai)(Great Value!)
US$ 51
US$ 48
The Resort(Mumbai)
US$ 88
US$ 73
Hotels.com
7,621 results
All reviewsmasala kraftgolden dragonharbour barheritage tourhotel tourhigh teatower wingold wingrose petalsindia gatebeautiful hotelsea viewclub roomimpeccable serviceindian restaurantgatewaylounge
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

For the price you can take the building room with sea view. It's in front of "gate of India " amazing . Service is the best . Facilities are the best . Decoration is assume . One of the best hotel in world.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
GMTheTajMahalPalace, General Manager at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor on your experience at The Taj.

Your compliments about our associates in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team.

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to The Taj soon.

General Manager -The Taj Mahal Palace

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I must confess to not going inside this building although we had a good look around outside.
I think the history of the building of the hotel is quite amazing. After a wealthy Indian businessman (Tata was his name I understand ) was not allowed in to his own conference at another hotel because he was not white he built this amazing monumental hotel to get back at them. Wow.
A beautiful building

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Greetings from The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai.

Please accept my sincere gratitude for the positive review. Your feedback is greatly encouraging and will motivate our team to do even better.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We stayed 5 days and 3 nights at the Taj Mahal Palace, enough for a good assessment. The location is perfect, next door to the India Gateway, on the seafront.
The building, the old one – not the Tower - is magnificent. The furniture and decoration are outstanding. It is a pain that the service is not up to the level. The staff is numerous, but obviously not adequately trained, and sometimes of a questionable English fluency.
The service in most of the restaurants, at least at the Sea Lounge, the Aquarius, the Shamiana, and the Souk, was abnormally slow. For the breakfast, even when the salon was not crowded, we had to wait 10 to 15 minutes to get a cup, or a pot of tea. The menus are quite limited, and the lunch buffet at the Shamina, was not what you should expect. We saw the difference going to the St Regis – in the Palladium shopping mall – where the buffet was much better.
Regarding food and beverages, we had several times a bottle of sparkling wine, and it was always served cold, never chilled as it should have been. I had an unpleasant incident at dinner at the Shamiana: I asked for a glass of an Indian wine, a Cabernet-Shiraz, and the waiter came with a bottle, with only a quarter of its content left, it was an Indian Tempranillo , and he tried to convince me that it was the same wine. I insisted for the Cabernet Shiraz so he left to come back after a while telling me that it was a “printing error” on the menu. I asked to talk to a supervisor, and I was able to tell a deputy manager that such a behaviour was not acceptable in a 5 stars hotel, he agreed and had the elegance not to charge the wine.
The concierge service was not better. Another couple staying at the same time had a pair of Sikh knives retained by the security, after they were detected at the check in baggage screening. They had to wait more than 24 hours and insist repeatedly to get the corresponding tag, in order to retrieve the knives at the check-out. The day we left I could not get in touch with the concierge to have somebody coming to our room to take care of the baggage. I had to ask a room cleaning supervisor to solve the problem.
As guests we were not invited to one of the tours open to the outside public, we were not even informed of such tours.
So for all these reasons I would highly discouraged staying at the Taj Mahal Palace, it should be better to pick up another hotel, and come to the Taj for a high tea and the hotel tour

Room Tip: in the old building - what the call the Palace -with sea view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Serge L
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had seen good reviews of the Taj online, and also watched a UK TV program about the hotel, but we really were pleasantly surprised by quite how good the hotel actually was. We live in Dubai and are used to the high levels of service that UAE hotels offer, but the Taj surpassed everything we have stayed in and also was significantly superior to the other hotel we stayed in whilst in Mumbai. Special thanks to Sabnam Shah, Sayonika Das and Vaibhav Sangle who all went the extra mile to make our stay extra special....

We can’t wait to stay there again at the end of our holiday!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 April 2018

It is just located right by the Gateway of INDIA. It is in Colaba, end land of Mumbai. It is very famous for his luxury and hospitality. Mostly Top class people are coming here. My friends they stayed here. Fantastic stay and experiences .

Stayed: March 2018