I would say that amongst all the hotels that i have stayed at in Mumbai the Taj Mahal Colaba would be rated at pole position on my list.
The front desk and concierge are extremely cooperative, warm and welcoming. It being my b'day was made special all the more by almost every staff wishing me for the day.
We were staying on the 17th floor of the hotel with the Gateway of India view. The gateway view gives a view of the Arabian Sea as well. The view is simply stunning especially at night with the city lights.
So ask for the highest level of rooms with the gateway view!
The spa called Jiva has by far been the most relaxing ever! Very courteous and professional masseurs will ask your exact pressure areas, where u feel extra attention to be paid. For me it was my back and OMG it was a heavenly experience!!
We had dinner at the Wasabi; a Japanese cuisine restaurant at the Taj. Exquisite sea food is what is served there. It is for sea food lovers who do not mind indulging in sushi's and caviar.
The have multiple restaurants which serve different cuisines like continental, Indian and some more. The pool services are equally great which stays open till 10 pm.
All in all it was value for money. The room that we had which was sea facing with the gateway view was an average of USD 200 per night...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1903, The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai is India's first luxury hotel. Offering panoramic views of the Arabian Sea and the gateway of India, the hotel is a city landmark. The hotel offers 543 rooms including 54 suites, each adorned with original paintings and period furniture that exude an aura of old-world charm and elegance. The restaurants at The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai offer distinctive dining experiences that cover the finest Indian and international cuisines - from casual, all-day eateries to Oriental, Japanese, Indian and Mediterranean fine dining. The hotel also houses the first licensed bar of Mumbai and also a beautiful sea-front restaurant for high tea and live music. Palace Services in the Palace Wing of the hotel add to the experience, where the butler plays the all important role of guide and assistant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, MakeMyTrip, Booking.com, Yatra, ClearTrip, Prestigia, Ctrip TA and TravelGuru so you can book your The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Mahal Palace Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Hotel Taj Mahal Palace
- Taj Palace Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Hotel
- Taj Hotels
- The Taj Hotel
- The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel