“Good hotel and excellent service!”
Review of The Leela Mumbai

The Leela Mumbai
Ranked #18 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I stayed at the leela with my partner and our 6 month old. She was travelling to India for the first time and being june was really apprehensive as to what she was going to expect. Being from India, I had prepared her about the heat in india during that period. I had booked a club room as I always feel the value offered by a club room is greater than the normal room. We landed at the airport at 4 am and the pick up whisked us off to the hotel.
The hotel ambience and the atmosphere was breath taking literally after the sweltering heat one experiences even at 4 am in mumbai in the month of june. The hotel was a welcome refreshing oasis to us.
Check in was quick and smooth. The room was fantastic. The baby cot was good as well. Breakfast and all meals especially at the chinese were fantastic. The buffets were totally awesome.
It was my wife's birthday. So I just asked one of the front office staff to help me with flowers and a cake. She just said, sir please leave it to us. And they truly made it a memorable day for her with birthday wishes from every staff we met on the day and a fantastic cake and bouquet of flowers.
They also have a coach service which takes the guests to central mumbai. We took that and it was really good as the coachman kind of took us around some sight seeing route and monuments of mumbai. It dropped us and picked us up at the Gateway of india/TAJ hotel.
The club lounge was worth every penny with the fantastic service and food.
We returned again the following year, but that is another story for some other time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Biswajit C, General Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Thank you for the glowing feedback about my team.

I am glad we could make your wife’s first trip to India with you and your little bundle of joy a memorable one, and will be happy to be of service should you choose to revisit memories this year too.

An ‘oasis’ is exactly what we offer here at The Leela Mumbai- an 11 acre spread right in the heart of the city.

As a group who pride ourselves on offering the ‘Essence of India’, we are glad that you chose us as the threshold to introduce your wife and little one to this magnificent country.

Best Regards,
General Manger.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

This is the first time that we stayed at the Leela, it was short but the hotel was great. It is situated very close to the airport and is not far from the Bandra, Khar, Santa cruz or Juhu area. The staff were very helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Biswajit C, General Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

It is great to learn that you were delighted with your first experience at The Leela Mumbai. Thank you for your thoughtful words about my team.

We hope to meet you soon again.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is a pamper house where the staff is highly trained to pamper you as much as possible. Excellent service across all levels of staff (from concierge to house keeping) always very warm and welcoming. Stayed for 4 nights and it was overall one of the best hotel stays so far. Just one bad experience at late night, due to some lost guests on the same floor, but the hotel staff quickly managed the situation well. Only issue - it is too big for long staying travellers and the staff might not remember you, so personalized services are not quite possible. Good all day dining, very good breakfast and average barbecue.

Room Tip: choose a pool view room on 5/6 floors
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your valued feedback with us and appreciating our services. We strive to personalise the stay of each and every guest who stays with us across our 392-room property. I apologise that we were unable to do so during your experience with us.

We pride ourselves on our guests thinking this is your home away from home, and hope you give us the opportunity to live up to the ranking of thousands of reviewers of Tripadvisor that has won us the Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice Award in the Luxury segment.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

The Leela Hotel is House of Hospitality, Warm Welcome, Give great respect and honor to their valuable Guest, either they come for Business or leisure, fresh & well cuisine food, very polite and well mannered staff, The Leela was my second home during Business in India from 2000 to 2004 and now again in 2012. The Hospitality and Services of The Leela is excellent. I personally guarantee that staying experience at The Leela is pleasant, unforgettable & life time remembering. I am sure the Staff at Leela comes from very unique training to look after their guest. I recommend this Hotel from the bottom of my heart.
Mohammad Siddiq Phoolwala
Business@Dubai

Room Tip: Take any rooms or suit at The Leela, I am sure you will be well taken care.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Biswajit C, General Manager at The Leela Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

It gives us immense joy that you had a wonderful experience during your stay at The Leela Mumbai. I would like to thank you for your kind words about my team members.

We are privileged to be your hotel of choice every time you visit the city. I would appreciate the opportunity of meeting you on your next visit. Please do let me know ahead of your next visit to The Leela Mumbai.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I spent 2 nights at the Leela Mumbai in March 2012 when I was visiting Mumbai for a conference. The stay was wonderful. The food was excellent and the service very personal.

The gym facilities are also world class - better than many I have seen in places like Hong Kong and the US.

I recommend this star hotel for business or personal stay.

Room Tip: While ordering food at the 'Great Wall of China' restaurant, always ask for the portion size...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

It is indeed a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your appreciation. We believe in offering world class facilities and services to our guests for their comfort.

We look forward to welcoming you in our midst again soon on your next trip to Mumbai.

Regards,