“Good hotel near airport” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of ITC Maratha, Mumbai

ITC Maratha, Mumbai
Ranked #6 of 439 Hotels in Mumbai
Noida, India
“Good hotel near airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed there for business purposes and found it a really nice hotel. The rooms and the service is exactly what one has come to expect from an ITC Hotel. The breakfast spread spoils you for choices. It is very conveniently located for meetings in Suburbs, but is really unsuitable if you plan to visit south Mumbai.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor.
The entire team feels proud to read your compliments.
Your recognition of our product, Food & Beverage and other services are appreciated by all of us. It is our constant endeavour to offer our discerning travellers indigenous, luxury experiences through our commitment to quality service.
Your appreciation for our team members is truly rewarding.
Thank you once again for your recognition & we look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.

Warm regards,
D Kavarana
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (481)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Very luxurious hotel, rooms are excellent, OK gym facility. Restaurants are very pricey and the Kebab place is losing its charm. Staff is nice and friendly. Airport pick up and transport facility are also very pricey. No Free internet. Not ideal for family or holiday, location is not great, although airport is close by.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Whenever I am arriving or departing Mumbai from the International Airport I use the ITC Maratha. It is less than five minutes drive from the international terminals and provides all the luxury amenities and facilities that one expects from the ITC group of hotels.

There are a number of restaurants catering to Indian, Asia, Italian and international cuisine, but they are expensive, so be warned!

Very nice spa and excellent professional masseuse, but again expensive!

My one (small) irritation?....they charge you a silly amount to take the hotel car to the airport, which is only a few minutes ride away....annoying!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing the time to share such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We are humbled by your gracious compliments.

It is our endeavour to provide our discerning guests the highest quality of service & comfort to make thier stay truly memorable. we will review your feedback on the pricing of hotel car to the airport.

The team is committed to quality service & your appreciation of their personal attention is truly rewarding.

We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stay in Mumbai often so for me staying in hotel is not much of an option. I had this business conference and then I got this opportunity to stay at ITC Maratha. Though its just 5 minutes drive from my place I thought this is the best opportunity to get a feel of how the tourists feel about Indian hotels and hospitality.

The hotel is closely located to CSI airport but the entrance was congested and dusty due to flyover construction which was in progress (I really wonder when this will be completed).

About the hotel, the room are spacious and well maintained. The interiors are well done and corridors are neat and immaculate (looks the staff have put really good efforts). Front desk staff was helpful and I was impressed by the cleaning staff, whom we never see coz they are always working behind our backs.

One thing which really amazes me the in this era of technology internet charges are quite expensive except at business centre where one can access for free. Swimming pool is decent but the area is too congested. Spa services are good.

The hotel has two award winning in house restaurant Dakshin and Peshawari. Food is exceptionally good especially at Peshawari. Its worth the money spent at the restaurants. Also the breakfast spread is good and has decent varieties. Oh I forgot to mention that Dum Pukht is at par with above two restaurants.

Of all the good things and my time which I spent over here I felt its tad too expensive given the fact I have travelled all over the world and I find hotels in Mumbai are on the higher side given the median income is not too high for average people.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank viveksr
Dear Guest,

May we, at the outset, thank you for having chosen to stay at the ITC Maratha.

We are delighted to learn that your overall experience at our hotel was excellent. Appreciation such as yours will undoubtedly motivate us further and enable us to become a truly World Class Hotel.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Yours sincerely,
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

I've stayed at this hotel quite a few times and I find this one of the better ones amongst the crop of hotels that exist around the Mumbai airports (domestic & international). However if you have meetings in the South Bombay, Fort, Town, Colaba area then you are better off in a hotel that side.
The rooms are good and service is exceptional as usual. Though at breakfast this time the service did get to feel a bit overwhelming. When I went down for breakfast I was asked by 6 different people (including the chef) if I was ok/the food was good/ do I need something/. I spent 20 minutes at the coffee shop so it felt like I would take a bite and find someone at my elbow.
Room service was prompt. Internet was good. All my meetings were in Juhu/Andheri area so this was the perfect place for me.

Room Tip: The rooms between 30 - 40 are not labelled when you exit the elevator. They are down a corridor from...