“Good Rooms, great food and helpful staff.. perfect for business travellers” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of ITC Maratha, Mumbai

ITC Maratha, Mumbai
Ranked #7 of 440 Hotels in Mumbai
Kolkata, India
“Good Rooms, great food and helpful staff.. perfect for business travellers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

I have stayed here three times in the past six to seven months and what amazes me everytime is the quick check in, expectedly remarakbly hospitable staff and lovely food in the buffet, they lay.

Only thing, I probably do not like is their spa, which is not one of the greatest.

The rooms are spacious and elegant. Not much space in the hotel although there is a small lawn too.

Go for their buffet layout, you will feel good and if it's a long stay, they have adequate number of food and beverage outlets to take care of. I was here for 3 nights, last, in April 2012.

Their bed, pillows and upholstery is good. Its a six storey property but on the top floor, you will be on the 16th floor.you will find out that their numbering starts from 11 if I remember correctly!Artificial feeling of height, funny, isn't it?

I was here for business and felt good happy staying here.

Room Tip: Go for the lawn facing rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and for your kind comments. We are pleased to note that you have had an enjoyable stay with us. We thank you for your detailed feedback on Rooms and Food & Beverage outlets. Your feedback is most valuable to us which helps us to serve our guest.

We are glad that we could make your trip memorable. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back at ITC Maratha

Warm regards.
D Kavarana
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

This hotel drives me nuts, I mostly stay here when on business and every time despite sending my details with SPG Gold card details none of it is reflected in the check in. This time I had a trainee, and 2 or 3 others checking me in....no one person. There was a "problem" with my card (they needed my pin but hadn't asked me)' they questioned everything and my colleague who had no SPG status was checked in in moments, unlike me where it took about 20 mins. Finally I was shown to a very nice room...I have no idea if it was an upgrade since they didn't tell me and 15 mins later rang to see if everything was ok and to apologise. I said it was and then on being asked again if I was a gold card member said I was invited to a complimentary drink......another phone call a couple of mins later.....I had to go down to the bar to receive it!! Needless to say by this time I needed the drink and headed down to have a very nice glass of Indian merlot.
What I love about the Maratha is the food, always fabulous whether in one of their regional restaurants or the central restaurant buffet.
The service in Maratha is always mixed but what is always outstanding is the concierge desk, in the past they have gone out of their way to find the right Fabindia shop, provided quality drivers and been generally affable. This time due to a general strike I wasn't able to get to the supermarket to pick up my selection of microwaveable ready meals to take back home to Europe. A colleague mentioned the Martha would be able to deliver. One word to the concierge Vijay it was to be no problem, the fact that it took several calls from Vijay for room service to deliver them was by the by ...and that when I returned home found 4 of one dish and 2 of another was by the by Vijay was outstanding in fulfilling his part, he was affable, charming and informative.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better ....last bust t Here was a wedding in the hotel and boy did I know...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times - and think its great. Right near the international airport so is amongst the best options for business travellers. Love the restaurants - especially Pan Asia - a real Thai, Japanese and Chinese fusion.

I stayed two separate nights in the same week - the first was an impromptu stay as I arrived at Mumbai airport and my bags didn't. Rather than travel onwards, I decided to check in to the ITC and wait for bags. Made reservation by phone on way to hotel. The concierge helped me greatly in sorting car for a trip to a shopping centre to buy some clothes and then personally took charge of ensuring the bags arrived in my room the next morning in time for my onward flight.

My second stay in the week was unfortunately marred by an overly complicated check in process, which took far too long for myself and the group I was travelling with, already weary from our trip. In addition I was given a room on one of the floors being refurbished - part of the wing had been closed off, but the signage hadn't been changed and I walked into a building site, then spent ten minutes trying to find my room. Not good.

However, I won't let this single experience put me off and I will be back again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your gracious comments.

Your appreciation of our hotel, restaurants, its location and our staff is overwhelming. Thank you for your heartfelt words of praise which have been shared with the entire team for whom this will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

With regard to your second experience at the hotel, we have noted your feedback and shall ensure that such anomalies do not occur again.

We look forward to welcoming you back with much excitement!

Warm regards,
D kavarana
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stay at the ITC Maratha regularly for business. The incredible level of service from its staff is what makes the stay. In room check-ins, warm and friendly service, staff remembering your name and taking a real interest in your satisfaction is extremely rare.
The refurbished rooms are great, modern with a classic feel. The leisure facilities are fantastic and the proximity to the airport is really convenient.
The newly re-designed Dum Pukht serves the most amazing food and should not be missed.
One thing to be aware of is that when you remove your key from the slot, all electricity in your room is switched off so don't think your phones, iPads, laptops are charging when you're out and about. This was a bit of a shock...
Overall...I always have an amazing stay...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor.
The entire team feels proud to read your compliments.
Your recognition of our product, Food & Beverage and other services are appreciated by all of us. It is our constant endeavour to offer our discerning travellers indigenous, luxury experiences through our commitment to quality service.
Your appreciation for our team members is truly rewarding.
Thank you once again for your recognition & we look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits.

Warm regards,
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Love this 7* hotel, have stayed here many times over the last few years, excellent service, they treat their Platium guests like royalty, like the personal attention, being escorted to your suite by a lovely courteous staff, quick response to any question, good security and being within in view of the new Mumbai International Terminal, makes a airport nut like myself very happy.
Great for business travelers and for tourists who have to connect as Mumbai traffic has not improved with all the construction going on.
Only negative the hotel is now hidden behind elevated highways & the new roads being built for the airport, still it's one of my favorite hotels in Mumbai.

Room Tip: If you like to watch construction on the new Mumbai Airport Terminal, which seems to have been under...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ITC_MarathaMumbai, General Manager at ITC Maratha, Mumbai, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for thoughtfully sharing your feedback. Your review encourages us further to offer the very best in world-class hospitality.
In keeping with ITC Hotels’ tradition of building hotels whose architecture is inspired by local history and culture, ITC Maratha is inspired by the Maratha Dynasty.

As for our service, it is always our endeavour to create a memorable experience — from the moment you step through the door until it is time for you to depart. There is also much to discover from an array of award winning cuisines ranging from Indian to Continental to Oriental across eight restaurants as food and beverage is an integral part of the hotel.

Once again, thank you for the appreciative note.

Warmest regards,