A decent enough hotel, rather grand in some ways. The lights in my room had a habit of switching themselves on in the middle of the night which was a little disconcerting - either faulty electrics or a ghost - but the room itself was pretty confortable and nicely decorated.
Where the hotel let itself down was in the little things. Like having to pay for wi-fi. Many budget hotels, bars, cafes etc offer free wi-fi so why does the Lalit want guests to pay a rediculous amount for the privilege of using it. Do I have to pay extra for the water I use in a bathroom or the electricity I use in my room? No! So why charge extra for something that is pretty much a basic requirement in a hotel that caters for business visitors? To make matters worse I found that if I bought 1 hour's worth of wi-fi and only used it for 30 minutes, I lost the remaining 30 minutes. In other words I had to use all my allowance up at once. Crazy!
I asked the business-centre to print out a one-page document for me and was charged 50 rupees (plus tax). Hardly reflective of the actual cost to the hotel. Again, in other hotels this sort of service would either be free or provided at a nominal charge.
So while overall the hotel was comfortable and my stay was a pleasant one, the penny-pinching left me feeling rather let down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the reassurance, hospitality and warmth of The LaLiT Suri Hospitality Group, guests are welcomed to the perfect combination of luxury apartment style living and leading hotels services called The Residency – a modern abode of suburban living. Set against the backdrop of the vibrant life and the grandeur of Mumbai, we bring to you 21 apartment rooms that are fully furnished marvels. Fresh and modern, each residence greets you with its typical flair and style, silk cushions, vibrant colours, gorgeous upholstery, spacious bathrooms, and so much more makes The Residency one of the most desired service apartment in Mumbai. Guests can choose from the avant-garde style of one-bedroom residence, two-bedroom residence and three-bedroom residence – The combination makes The Residency an ideal extended stay hotel in Mumbai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and ClearTrip so you can book your The Lalit Mumbai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental The Lalit Mumbai Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Intercontinental Lalit Mumbai
- Hotel Intercontinental The Lalit Mumbai
- Hotel Lalit Mumbai
- Hotel Intercontinental Lalit Mumbai