My partner and I arrived in Mumbai for a 3 day stay at this hotel after visiting Goa. Wow. We were met at the airport by the hotel chauffer who was extremely friendly and didn't give one taxi driver the opportunity to harrass us as they usually do.
Air-con limo and cold drinks were a welcome relief in the heat and our driver was a wealth of information all the way to the hotel. About a 20-30 minute drive depending on the traffic. Arrived at the hotel to be greeted by a girl from reception who took us straight to our room to check in. No hanging around in the lobby. Quick and efficient.
Just settling in when a gentleman knocked at our door to ask us what time we wanted our complimentary massage. Nice. I declined as we were desperate to get out and about but very nice.
We tried the rooftop restaurant the night before we left and were not disappointed. Beautiful sushi but we ordered far too much. The tempura prawns were gigantic so couldn't really manage much more. Gorgeous but the wine was very overpriced for what it was.
it was the most expensive meal we had in India but still cheaper than a restaurant of the same standard in the UK. £100 for both of us. Cheap really, especially as we asked the waiter to sit us by the edge and had panoramic views of Marine Drive and Chowpatty Beach. Stunning.
Lounged out by the pool for a bit after our meal on lovely leather beds they put out on the night and there was also a vodka lounge which was great. Good music too. Say hello to Brito (the barman). Cool guy.
We went out shopping the day of our departure and were supposed to return to the hotel to collect our bags and meet our driver. However, it got too late to return and then drive to the airport, so the concierge arranged our bags for us and sent the driver to collect us at the shopping mall. No extra charge. Excellent.
Definitely stay here again. We did all the touristy trips to Elephanta Island, Gateway of India, The Taj Palace and had a great night out at a local restaurant on Chowpatty beach and another at the Hard Rock Cafe (VIP'd). Taxi's dirt cheap so location was fine. Definitely come back here again. Loved Mumbai in general too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Marine Drive Mumbai is distinguished by sweeping sea views, intimate surroundings and an address near the Nariman Point business district. A few minutes away are the Gateway of India, Jehangir Art Gallery, St. Thomas Cathedral and the National Centre for the Performing Arts. Nearby Elephanta Caves is a World Heritage site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TravelGuru, HotelQuickly and IHG so you can book your InterContinental Marine Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Marine Drive Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Intercontinental Mumbai Hotel
- Intercontinental Bombay
- Intercontinental Hotel Bombay