New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #36 of 429 Hotels in Mumbai
Midlands
“Stay for a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Only stayed 1 night, but one of the best places I have ever stayed for service. The rooms are not normal IC but very high tech (well to me anyway) . It is very centrally located and within easy walking distance of many attractions. I agree with the previous review the only down fall is cost. We did go to the rooftop in the evening hoping to watch the sunset as had been recommended on previous reviews but there was a promotion going on with alot of drunken young people there, so couldnt get anywhere near looking over at the ocean. No free wifi, one problem we had in India with this chain.

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at InterContinental Marine Drive, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Guest

Greetings from the Intercontinental Marine Drive.

We thank you for the lovely and encouraging review on this forum.We have taken note of your views regarding the prices and the complimentary Wifi. The Dome is an extremely premium outlet with the best view the city has to offer coupled with a very premium selection of spirits and food hence the price is comparatively higher then the other outlets at our hotel.

In regards to the Wifi we have packages to suit every guests individual needs and they are priced on par with all other 5 star hotels in mumbai, however we are currently exploring certain options to make it complimentary in the near future as an added benefit to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance.

Warm Regards
Romil Ratra
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

The service is impeccable, the rooms are great, the view is stunning (if you get the seafront rooms) and the location is superb.

But...
It's horrendously expensive (especially wine which is marked up 20% in much of India). The restaurants are expensive and the rooftop bar is astronomically expensive.

But it's a great place, the service is absolutely superb, the rooftop bar is worth it for the view and atmosphere alone, staff are amazing and we loved every minute of it. Everyone did everything they could to get us what we needed and where we needed to go. They even arranged for me to get a simcard for my iPad rather than having to go looking!

Hey, it's an Intercontinental. You definitely get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Get a seafront view if you can afford it.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NeilOakshott
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

amazing hotel, unparalleled personalized service, great location, large & clean rooms. restaurants and dome bar were fantastic. seafront room views are suberb. highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank jayalooda
mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

too good view of the busy marine drive from the roof top.. could have the best view of the queens necklace from there.. the food and drinks were very good.. the area near the pool is also well too hve a realaxng drink...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank niyati d
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Even from before the moment a hotel chauffeur picked me up at BOM International, the professional approach of the hotel became apparent: An SMS text message on my mobile while I am still on my plane telling me where to find the good man later on! After a smooth ride, some of the best and most cordial, yet always professional, reception staff seemed to be waiting just for me. Paper work was accomplished swiftly and after a surprise little welcome ceremony I ended up with a tilak put gently between my eyebrows and a lady showing me to my corner suite.
I can't judge what regular rooms are like but this spacious junior suite was one of the best I have seen in InterContinentals around the world! Everything was perfect, but the bed (mattress, sheets, pillows and cover) were the best ever! With air conditioning quiet and easily adjustable, I slept every night like a baby in mother's arms. Work space including all necessary gadgets was again perfect. Asking for three (free) separate WiFi access codes for laptop, iPad and BlackBerry is a smart thing to do and leads to issuance of one joint one.
Throughout the stay, (nearly) everything remained on this high level of professionalism and helped guest satisfaction immensely. Being addressed by my name by practically everyone was impressive. (I would have found it unbelievable had I not been told by managers of other properties that staff are informed every day which Royal Ambassadors are currently visiting.)
And yet, restaurant staff could use some more staff training:
Even at 10:15, staff in the Corleone breakfast restaurant still seemed a bit asleep every day. It was not always easy to catch their attention. Boiled eggs are available, but only rock-hard. Overall, the buffet is appropriate, but nothing to write home about. Upside: At 10:29 one is not given the feeling that two minutes later staff would only like to think about lunchtime.
A real little cloud, though, is the staff of the beautiful rooftop restaurant. My business partner and I had an invited guest from the Oberoi Hotel join us for dinner. All of us enjoyed the relaxed and yet classy atmosphere and the view "all the way to Dubai", as we would joke.
But catching the attention of waiters took almost physical effort and a long wait almost each time. Being told that the restaurant does not serve any coffee after our meal baffled us completely, causing also embarrassment towards our guest. To make up for the rocky road experience we had just been through, I insisted this time. And the coffee was served - eventually ...
We were not in a rush that night, but in total we probably wasted almost half an hour waiting for things - including our coffee.
Only because of the impeccable level of everything else in the hotel am I still rating the Service "excellent". The rooftop experience actually commanded a downgrade. - To save the honor of the restaurant manager, I must add that upon checkout at reception a few hours later, the man seemed to have been waiting for us to apologize and to ask me to specify any criticism. He seemed honestly grateful for what we told him and it will be extremely interesting to find out whether things have changed, for in little over a week I'll be checking in again! Which answers the question whether I would return. Of course, I would!
Bottom line: Great hotel for business and leisure, but there is no perfection under the sun!

Room Tip: Windows are pretty soundproof everywhere but top floors are more quiet and have a better view - natu...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business