We stayed at the Intercontinental for 5 nights, as we were in Mumbai for a friend's wedding. I was expecting a skyscraper of a hotel, as I have stayed at other Intercontinentals. I was surprised so see that there were perhaps 8 floors to this hotel. It was a pleasant surprise, as it creates a more intimate atmosphere. The staff always greeted me by name, and it was nice to see the same faces.
Choose this location if you want to get away from the touts and tourist bustle of Colaba. It was nice to leave the hotel and walk around the neighborhood without having people follow us around and ask if we wanted tours, taxis, etc.
There was one incident on our last night when someone came by our room twice (at 11:30 pm and again at 11:45 pm) and rang our doorbell, only to run away when we came to the door. I reported this to security, as there are cameras located on every floor. However, they claimed that no one rang our doorbell. Not a big deal, as you can disable the doorbell manually. But it was rather insulting to be told that no one rang our doorbell when both my husband and I were woken up twice by the ding-dong ditcher. I think this is because the hotel allows non-guests in Dome, the rooftop bar. There is no security measure in place to ensure that guests/non-guests can only access certain floors (I understand the Taj has implemented this security measure). Might be worth investing in this, as the Intercontinental has already invested in multiple security guards at the front who subject you to bag search and other screening before you are allowed entry.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Marine Drive Mumbai is distinguished by sweeping sea views, intimate surroundings and an address near the Nariman Point business district. A few minutes away are the Gateway of India, Jehangir Art Gallery, St. Thomas Cathedral and the National Centre for the Performing Arts. Nearby Elephanta Caves is a World Heritage site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TravelGuru, Expedia and IHG so you can book your InterContinental Marine Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Marine Drive Hotel Mumbai (Bombay)
- Intercontinental Bombay
- Intercontinental Hotel Bombay
- Intercontinental Mumbai Hotel