“Hemali welcome us to Mumbai with open arms!”
Review of Bravo Bombay

Bravo Bombay
Ranked #11 of 105 Tours in Mumbai
More attraction details
Owner description: We love Bombay (aka Mumbai), a city with a pulse so strong you will feel it the minute you exit the airport. At 'Bravo Bombay' we wish accompany you to show you around our city, share its history and anecdotes. Get to know you a little better and tell you a little about us. Our tours are guided, informational and conversational.
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My husband and I were in Mumbai for 3 days after a 2 month journey through Tanzania and Southern India. We emailed Hemali a few days before we arrived and arranged a half day tour . We to,d her we wanted to see parts of Mumbai that we wouldn't see on our own. She was very prompt in replying to emails and made great suggestions of places we could visit. The day started by meeting her on the Causeway near our hotel, we hopped in a cab and we hit it off instantly. Hemali is what makes the tour so special she is so warm to everyone she comes across and she loves her city and knows it like the back of her hand. The first stop was the Dhobi Ghats, the open air hand washed laundry area. It was really incredible to see the men washing the clothing till it is sparkling clean. Hemali has connected with some of the people who work in the laundry and is always welcomed with big smiles. We walked through the area and came across the men who iron the saris in a truly unique way. After the Dhobis we went to see the fisherman warf area where the boats are made and the daily fish comes to be brought in from this point you have a view of some of the most expensive real estate in the world alongside the slums. We visited Mumbai University, we weren't allowed in the grounds because of the high security since the 2008 bombings, those ver we could still see the beautiful buildings. We walked by the Oval Maiden, where you will always see several games of cricket being played. Victoria station was a highlight for my husband, he was really interested in the trains and the amount of people that can fit in one train! We visiting the station midday and a slow time and there was still an incredible amount of people. Finally Hemali took us to the Hare Krisna, Iskon temple. This was really incredible because we were really welcomed by all the people at the temple. We experienced the beautiful temple, the incredible chanting and music, warm people and a amazing free lunch. The tour was one of our greatest days in India. We learned a lot about the city, the people, and the history of the city. Hemali also gave us several suggestions for restaurants, shopping and other places we could visit on our own. I highly recommend the tour for anyone visiting Mumbai.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I contacted Bravo Bombay in January when I learned I would be taking a trip to India for business. It was my first trip to India and I only had a few days of personal time to work with. I wanted to take in as much of the city as I could yet I was a bit cautious about touring as a solo female tourist. My decision to call Bravo Bombay and meeting Hemali was the best decision I could have made!

Hemali was my guide and since she is native to Mumbai/Bombay she knew of all the right places to go. She also was very open to all of my questions and I learned so much from her about what I was seeing as the days progressed. Not only did she talk with me about what I was seeing but we also got in to great discussion on local politics, religions of the area, history behind the country, etc.

Hemali helped me decide what to see and she openly adjusted the plans to meet my interests. For instance, when we were going to the bazaars, I asked to buy silk so instead of taking me to a big open market she guided us to a little shop out of the way that had all types of silk that were all made by the family who runs the store. If a bolt runs out of fabric that's it - since it was hand made there wasn't just another lot to pull out.

I initially took two tours with Hemali - the full day city tour and then the 1/2 day slum tour. I never once felt unsafe. Hemali arranged the a/c cab on the first two days and on the third day we decided to experience the trains and walking paths. I had so much fun with her that the next weekend I returned again and took an additional full day tour to the local flower market, shopping, etc.

Another thing I really appreciated was how in tune Hemali was with my concerns regarding food. She took me to little out of the way places for different meals and for chai - she always made sure they were sanitary and safe restaurants. This made it so I could really enjoy the local food without worries of getting ill. If I reached for something that wasn't good for me she quickly steered me away from it.

If you are going to Mumbai whether for half a day or a weekend, I absolutely recommend Hemali and Bravo Bombay.

Thanks for the memories Hemali!

Lori

Reviewed 26 March 2012

E-mailed Hemali a week before our visit to Mumbai and booked a one day city tour for my wife and I. Having been picked up at our hotel at 0930 we were driven into the centre where are tour began.  The first couple of hours was spent visiting the real touristy spots - Victoria Terminus, Gateway of India, Taj Mahal Hotel , Marine Drive and many more. Then we went off the beaten track and saw the Dhobi Ghat (open laundry) and Baan Ganga (sacred water tank) and finished off the morning at Lord Krishna's Iskon temple, where we joined in a service and were invited to share lunch with the worshippers. In the afternoon my wife wanted to shop, so Hemali took us to Crawford Market and escorted us around the neighbouring streets to buy spices and fabrics. Nothing was too much for Hemali - her knowledge of the city was second to none, she was thoughtful to our needs and considerate to my poor wife (who was suffering with a bad tummy and lack of sleep). We saw so,so much in one day and a great mix of the 'must sees' and some real special moments like at the Krishna temple. For a truely professional, personalised tour of Mumbai go no further than calling Bravo Bombay.   Rob & Brenda -  Chelmsford, UK

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We spent the last day of our 3 week tour of India in Mumbai with Hemali as our personal guide. She took my husband and me to visit the Dharavi Slum & what a unique experience that was!! Her familiarity with the people & their productivity, her extremely positive & pleasant attitude and her warmth & amiability made us feel so comfortable, safe and welcome. We could not have done this slum visit without her reassuring presence. It is a must when in Mumbai! For a special insight from a true local who thoroughly knows & loves her city & with whom you can instantly bond as though you'd been friends forever, call Hemali at Bravo Bombay! She really makes a difference!

Reviewed 19 March 2012

On my first day in Mumbai, I wanted to acclimate to the city. What better way than a city tour! At the last minute, my friend and I called Hemali at Bravo Bombay. Best decision we made all week. From the typical tourist hot spots to sites only a local would know, our afternoon with Hemali was fantastic. She is knowledgeable, an amazing storyteller, listens to her clients and made us feel like locals. And, the prices you see on the website are the prices you get. What more can you ask for!