“2 days of tours in Mumbai”

Raconteur Walks Mumbai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Started to, for and by the love of Mumbai, Raconteur Tours Mumbai is this city's biggest name in tourism. Providing guests many ways of seeing Mumbai city since 2010, we specialize in providing walk tours, city tours by car/coach, cycling tours, sailing tours and tourism experiences like the dabbawallas, dhobi ghat, malkhamb yoga, street food tours and many more. Dont just 'see' Mumbai, 'Live' Mumbai with Raconteur Tours Mumbai
Reviewed 7 March 2017

The tours were amazing! On Tuesday our tour guide Karishma brought us all over town and we saw multiple temples, mosques, and religious establishments including the Haji Ali, Shree SiddhiVinayak Ganapati temple, and the oldest Jain temple in Mumbai located near Malabar Hill. We did countless other activities and landmarks, but our favorite part was going to the Dhobi Ghat and learning about their way of life and taking in all of the colors and vibrancy of the people. We also had an amazing Indian lunch and Karishma let us try the Ladoos her mother made her (I love Indian sweets!).

On Wednesday we went out with a guide named Rucha. We traveled north to Bandra and learned about the fishing villages and the Portuguese influence and saw all of the old tightly woven buildings where the families live. On our way to bandra we stopped by a recreational facility where there were large outdoor fields with school kids playing Indian sports, a gym where they practiced yoga and gymnastics, and a learned about the community elements. We went to the Crawford market on our way back to Colaba.

We did a ton of other stuff too! We got to see a good mix of the major land marks and touristy elements with having a local perspective and inside look to some of the communities. We had an amazing time with Raconteur.

1  Thank Nathan T

Reviewed 25 February 2017

I did the walking tour around Fort. The two guides were great - really knowledgeable, enthusiastic about Mumbai, and good company. It was a great way to learn about Mumbai and understand how it's changed during its history. Would definitely recommend!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

This week we took the walking tour of Mumbai and found the experience to completely fulfill our expectations. I love the idea of having students as your guides, whom we found highly informed and passionate about their city. Our guide, Rucha, was all of these things. She provided the relevant political context to understand the architectural and cultural attractions she showed us. She was also sufficiently flexible to adjust the tour to suit the interests of my two teenage daughters wife and adult friends. The streets of Mumbai can be very hectic and rucha was very attentive to ensuring that we were safe and sound. I highly recommend raconteur walking tours!

Reviewed 7 January 2017

I took three wonderful tours with Raconteur – Heritage (Omkar), Apollo Gate (Nihar), and Bandra (Sunita). Omkar is a Mumbai University student who is studying history, and hopes to become a professor, which is fitting, because his knowledge of Mumbai history and Mumbai today seemed to be comprehensive. Nihar shared a number of stories related to the Apollo Gate area, which is an area that more people should see. There is a lot of interesting history (which Nihar brought to life) and while it’s just a few blocks from the hustle and bustle of Mumbai, when we were there, it was quite peaceful. And Bandra, while some distance from South Mumbai (30 minutes, in the morning), is worth the trip. The area is rich in history (more than 100 churches) and Sunita covered the highlights as we traversed a number of different neighborhoods. The tour concluded at the Bandra Fort, which is a beautiful setting (I hung around after and read newspapers in a nearby garden). All three tours contained so much information I was glad I had a pen and paper handy for taking notes!

At the conclusion of each tour, the guides gave out a set of postcards that contain historic old photos of Mumbai. A very nice touch.

A special shout-out to Ashkay, who very patiently replied to my countless emails about logistics.

1  Thank lancerodman
Reviewed 7 January 2017

As I was sat in McDonald's garden waiting for my guide for the Church Gate and Heritage Mile Walk I suddenly realised that the sugar cane store holder lived under a tarpaulin attached to the back of the stall. Welcome to raw Mumbai.

There were three of us on the tour and our guide Viraat. Who was also the CEO. He had a bottle of water for each of us.

I then spent a very enjoyable and informative morning wandering through that part of Mumbai soaking up the history. We passed the Oval where the local authority is vandalising the lovely common open space to build a metro station for rich people.

As a bonus Viraat stopped at a street food vendor and we tried a selection of local snacks.

The tour ended at Marine Drive just by Churchgate station.

My second tour was to have been the Bandra, The Queen of Suburbs Walk but that was cancelled at short notice and I was transferred from a 0830 start to a 1600 start. The afternoon I had already got booked elsewhere. I got a refund but was very disappointed.

My tip; McDonald’s opens at 0700. You can sit safely in the garden enjoying a clean, cool environment and coffee