“Excellent guide; excellent walk. Second walk cancelled at short notice.”

Raconteur Walks Mumbai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Started to, for and by the love of Mumbai, Raconteur Tours Mumbai is this city's biggest name in tourism. Providing guests many ways of seeing Mumbai city since 2010, we specialize in providing walk tours, city tours by car/coach, cycling tours, sailing tours and tourism experiences like the dabbawallas, dhobi ghat, malkhamb yoga, street food tours and many more. Dont just 'see' Mumbai, 'Live' Mumbai with Raconteur Tours Mumbai
Reviewed 7 January 2017

As I was sat in McDonald's garden waiting for my guide for the Church Gate and Heritage Mile Walk I suddenly realised that the sugar cane store holder lived under a tarpaulin attached to the back of the stall. Welcome to raw Mumbai.

There were three of us on the tour and our guide Viraat. Who was also the CEO. He had a bottle of water for each of us.

I then spent a very enjoyable and informative morning wandering through that part of Mumbai soaking up the history. We passed the Oval where the local authority is vandalising the lovely common open space to build a metro station for rich people.

As a bonus Viraat stopped at a street food vendor and we tried a selection of local snacks.

The tour ended at Marine Drive just by Churchgate station.

My second tour was to have been the Bandra, The Queen of Suburbs Walk but that was cancelled at short notice and I was transferred from a 0830 start to a 1600 start. The afternoon I had already got booked elsewhere. I got a refund but was very disappointed.

My tip; McDonald’s opens at 0700. You can sit safely in the garden enjoying a clean, cool environment and coffee

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

We did this on the 24th of Dec 2016 at 0830 hrs & our raconteur for the day was Omkar Salunkhe ... the walk took us a little more than 3 hrs & we loved every moment of it!
Old Bombay abounds in history ... while walking the perfect avenues & streets of Ballard Estate, we were like transported to a Victorian era almost 350 years old. This walk covers the northern part of old 'Fort' with the history of many iconic architecture including that of George Wittet. My wife & myself both being Architects could connect very well to this narration. Our 10 year old kid found the history fascinating ... especially the anecdotes which Omkar mentioned from time to time ... Catching Bombay - the maximum city which purportedly never sleeps - in its early morning hours ... with its deserted streets still covered in a thin veil of fog - offered an additional bonus of capturing some mesmeric cityscapes ... few of which I intend to paint sometime:)
Thanks to Raconteur for a lovely pre-Christmas time!
Sagnik

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 4 January 2017

OK, I can live with people not wanting to provide their services, but find it a bit rude that having promised to call back to arrange a time/date for a walk Akshay at Raconteur never got back (or indeed took my call). They might be good but that is no excuse for sheer lack of professionalism!

Reviewed 28 December 2016

We liked our first tour so much - of Bandra. We signed up the next day for the heritage walk. Friendly enthusiastic guide.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

On their website and their confirmation emails, they state that the Bandra Walk was supposed to be 2.5 hours. However as lovely as our guide was, we only got a 1 hour tour. When we questioned the company as to why that was the case, no answer was provided - only replied ill look into it.

The 1 hour we had was nice its a pity that we didnt get the full version even tho we payed full price.

RaconteurWalks, Manager at Raconteur Walks Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Dear Sir,

As per the email sent by our CEO, 2.5 hrs is an indicative maximum time of the walk so that guests can plan the rest of their day. Our CEO has personally spoken to the Raconteur who conducted your tour and he has assured us that there was no negligence on his part for the walk. As you can see from other reviews almost all our guests have been fully satisfied with the quality of delivery on our tours and do not have a complain. At the end of the day the walk duration is a variable factor and the guests decide on how long the walk is. I.e. it depends on how fast you walk, whether the group is taking photos etc. We have had Bandra walks that have been completed in as little as 1 hr and have also gone on for 3 hrs. I can assure you that you were given the full version of the tour covering all the sites that fall on our regular Bandra Tour.

I hope this resolves your query.

Thanking you