“Engaging informative tour with friendly guide”

Raconteur Walks Mumbai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Started to, for and by the love of Mumbai, Raconteur Tours Mumbai is this city's biggest name in tourism. Providing guests many ways of seeing Mumbai city since 2010, we specialize in providing walk tours, city tours by car/coach, cycling tours, sailing tours and tourism experiences like the dabbawallas, dhobi ghat, malkhamb yoga, street food tours and many more. Dont just 'see' Mumbai, 'Live' Mumbai with Raconteur Tours Mumbai
Reviewed 28 December 2016

We liked our first tour so much - of Bandra. We signed up the next day for the heritage walk. Friendly enthusiastic guide.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

On their website and their confirmation emails, they state that the Bandra Walk was supposed to be 2.5 hours. However as lovely as our guide was, we only got a 1 hour tour. When we questioned the company as to why that was the case, no answer was provided - only replied ill look into it.

The 1 hour we had was nice its a pity that we didnt get the full version even tho we payed full price.

RaconteurWalks, Manager at Raconteur Walks Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Dear Sir,

As per the email sent by our CEO, 2.5 hrs is an indicative maximum time of the walk so that guests can plan the rest of their day. Our CEO has personally spoken to the Raconteur who conducted your tour and he has assured us that there was no negligence on his part for the walk. As you can see from other reviews almost all our guests have been fully satisfied with the quality of delivery on our tours and do not have a complain. At the end of the day the walk duration is a variable factor and the guests decide on how long the walk is. I.e. it depends on how fast you walk, whether the group is taking photos etc. We have had Bandra walks that have been completed in as little as 1 hr and have also gone on for 3 hrs. I can assure you that you were given the full version of the tour covering all the sites that fall on our regular Bandra Tour.

I hope this resolves your query.

Thanking you

Reviewed 28 December 2016

Had an amazing full day walking tour around Mumbai. My guide, Sunita, was truly fantastic and full of knowledge about Mumbai history, architerture and culture.
We kicked off with the introduction to Mallakhamb yoga, visited open air laundry - Dhobi Ghat, then did a 4 hr walk around historic parts of the city which inc CST station, heritage walk, Mumbai museum etc. After a well deserved lunch, my guide took me to Bandra to show the Portuguese part of the town.
Fantastic day - a highly recommended tour for your visit.

1  Thank webdevcionka
Reviewed 13 December 2016

My friend and I were the only two people on the tour but this didn't stop Ahmed from being a fantastic guide. I'm not going to give away any of the information of the tour because there's lots to learn. It was much more interesting than I thought it was going to be, I learned quite a lot of new things, and it was made better because of Ahmed. His knowledge was perfect, his pace, manner, and attitude made the tour flow smoothly.

I really enjoyed it and would certainly recommend this tour and guide Ahmed to anyone.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

The walk through historic Mumbai was fascinating.
Mainly because my guide Omkar Salunke was so informed.
The only thing that was a bit confusing was the meeting point which wasn't that clear. But once we met it was great.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction