“Great tour and also answered my touristy questions”

Raconteur Walks Mumbai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Started to, for and by the love of Mumbai, Raconteur Tours Mumbai is this city's biggest name in tourism. Providing guests many ways of seeing Mumbai city since 2010, we specialize in providing walk tours, city tours by car/coach, cycling tours, sailing tours and tourism experiences like the dabbawallas, dhobi ghat, malkhamb yoga, street food tours and many more. Dont just 'see' Mumbai, 'Live' Mumbai with Raconteur Tours Mumbai
Reviewed 14 April 2016

This is the second tour I went on with Raconteur Walks Mumbai in January this year.

This time I went on the bicycle tour with Nimish .

I was met at on time at the Aram restaurant & take away by a colleague of Nimish who helped with the bike logistics.

I then spent a delightful three hours in Nimish’s company not only having an excellent tour of the historic monuments in that part of Mumbai but he also answered all the touristy questions I asked e.g. what do they do with the sugar cane in the roadside drink stalls; why are the trees painted at the bottom?

Three hours flew by and I found myself saying goodbye at the Pizza by the bay.

It was a great tour.

Sorry Nimish the review was so long in coming, I wrote it the same day as the tour, but I had to wait three months before I was allowed to post another.

My Tip: There are no carriers or baskets on the bikes so make sure you put everything into a rucksack; keep right up close behind your guide, Mumbai roads can be treacherous

1  Thank Richard_in_England
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 April 2016

We had 2 excellent raconteurs to take us around the Chruchgate area of Mumbai - and waht a lot of interesting stories they had to tell about people and places! The walk was at a pace to suit our group with plenty of time for photos and to take in the atmosphere. Highly recommended

Reviewed 22 March 2016

I went with a few friends who were visiting out of town. As a local, i was surprise dby how much I didnt know about my own city. If you are interested in history and culture, choose this as your recreational option one weekend, instead of a movie. Wont regret it.

1  Thank sws5891
Reviewed 14 March 2016

Harvard Alunmi had this walk on 7th March 2016. They were from different parts of world and thoroughly enjoyed the heritage walk. I am happy I chose Raconteur. Gauri is full of zeal and possess amazing knowledge.

1  Thank Ujwala1973
Reviewed 12 March 2016

I have done a few walking tours around the world but none of which took me back in time with a lot of detail like the Apollo Gate tour. My tour guide was Dwayne. He was extremely knowledgeable and very engaging in great conversations and discussions regarding the history of Fort Bombay and the modern times.

The tour was empty surprisingly and I believe that more people should be exposed to this tour in Mumbai. Lucky enough, it was only Dwayne and I which made the tour much more personal. The Apollo Gate tour is highly recommended and probably the best option because of the history involved and the area that it is in, Fort. The only thing confusing was the pickup point which many drivers may not know where to go. I had to call Dwayne and get him to speak to my driver.

Be prepared to walk in the hot weather! The Apollo Gate tour walks in between many tall buildings so for the most part you'll be covered in shade so it's tolerable. I chose the 4pm tour which lasted until about 6:30pm. Last but not least, TIP YOUR GUIDE!

1  Thank miamivice151