“Its the People that Makes this Hotel Great!!!”
Review of Sofitel Mumbai BKC

Sofitel Mumbai BKC
Ranked #2 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Its the People that Makes this Hotel Great!!!”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This review is a tad delayed. I was in Mumbai with my cousin early Feb 2012. The hotel then had been officially operational for a couple of weeks and everything was all new and shiny! Our stay at the Sofitel was exceptional in every way. The rooms and its amenities were all wonderful like most Sofitel hotels. However I truly believe that what made this hotel truly special was its staff. All of them went out of their way to ensure that our stay wanted for nothing.

Going down to breakfast, the staff at the restaurant were attentive and remembered little things like that I prefer my coffee strong and black. The Manager made sure he stopped for a chat and the waiters brought us endless glasses of juice and whatever else we wanted.

As for the front office staff, a special mention must go out to Mr Trilok. He was exceptionally helpful , suggesting places of interest and some great restaurants. He even ensured that we had a print out of the places which he thoughtfully sent up to our room. And most importantly not once did he push us in any way to take a tour from the hotel but rather he was very honest in his opinions of his hometown Mumbai making sure he provided information on the good and bad bits about Mumbai which was very much appreciated. Also he was great fun to talk to and thats what we did for a good while I think on our first day there!!!

Ok administrative stuff, the area where the hotel is at is very quiet at night and a business area. After the hustle and bustle of Mumbai trust me you will appreciate it. There are ample taxi's to take you where you want to go and it is very cheap. The hotel will negotiate everything for you so not to worry about getting ripped of and when we took a taxi the staff at the hotel ensured that they took the phone number of the cab and other details just in case. The security at the hotel is what you would expect at a 5star property in a state with past history such as Mumbai. The food at the hotel is good but expensive but not exhorbitantly so. The cakes at Artisan (think thats what its called) were lovely.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Smee_7701
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hyderabad
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed here for a night.. I actually stayed here "Free of Charge" as I have Used my "free night" on Accor Advantage Plus Membership!!

Nevertheless, this is a brand new property.. I have been told by hotel staff that its barely 5 weeks old, from being operational..

The service is top class, right from the moment I descend the car.. Staff are more than courteous..

The bar had an extra large TV showing sports.. The chicken burger I had @ Bar was juicy... tasty..

Quite an elaborate breakfast with Indian and continental food.. Frankly, the Indian food I had for the breakfast is not up to the mark (in terms of taste, I mean).. Hope they will work upon it and I am sure they will get that right soon..

Rooms are plush and in mint condition... Have a fancy coffee dispensing machine and I am not able to figure out how to use it.. One call and a butler (Bharat was his name) was right in to my room...made my coffee and that's made my day too!!

Hotel is at BKC area and no shops near by.. I had to travel a bit to buy an antacid.. I haven't seen any restaurants where I can walk up to.. But there is a Subway and a Pizza place at the gas station, which is right in front of the hotel..

Free wi-fi at this hotel, which was quite useful..

I am looking forward to stay here soon...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Naresh D
MUMBAI
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I'd already read a lot of good things from the reviews here, but decided to see it for myself, so I booked a night's stay, for my wife and I, for our anniversary and right from the time we got there, to the time we left, it was truly a wonderful experience.
When you enter, the first thing that will catches your eyes is the glass facade with the high ceilings and the massive glass chandeliers in the lobby. The check in was smooth and we were escorted by a member of the staff, who briefed us about the hotel, rooms and the various restaurants.
I had mentioned in advance that I was celebrating my first wedding anniversary there, so when we got to our room, we had a bouquet a roses and a cake waiting for us, which was a really nice gesture.
Rooms: The room was not the largest we've stayed at, but it was definitely the most opulent. We were told that it was designed by a french designer, which was evident as it was tastefully done and the decor screamed luxury. The bed, 'My Bed' as they call it, was one of the best I've ever slept in and you even have a pillow menu, where you can choose the pillow(s) that you want! Apart from the usual amenities, we also had a B&W iPod dock in the room, which was awesome since we could listen to the music of our choice. The bathroom has big nice bathtub with a separate shower area, and again, was in keeping with the luxurious theme of the room. Even something as insignificant as the bathroom slippers were nice and soft and not like the cheap, thin ones that you get at some of the other hotels :)
Food: We opted for the Sunday brunch at the Pondicherry cafe, which had a rather large and varied spread, which is great for someone who likes a lot of variety. But the best part is that they had unlimited drinks, which consisted of beer, wine, champagne and excellent martinis (give the apple and espresso a try!) Both the restaurant and in-room dining was fabulous. The only complained I had was the orange juice that I got for BF in the room was too bitter for my taste, but other than that, the rest was delicious. I should also mention that the person, who delivered it to our room laid it our neatly and you can tell that they pay a lot of attention to detail here as well.
Service: The staff was absolutely wonderful. They were always smiling, courteous and extremely polite. Shout out to Sushant, Cinderella, Naraian, Manthan and the other staff at the restaurant and hotel who truly gave us a fantastic service and made our stay really special :)
I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who's looking for a memorable experience and this is one place I'd definitely be looking forward to visiting again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dhruv S
Mumbai
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The staff was really courteous and the stay was delightful. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The food was also worth the price.
I had an infant with me and they even provided me with a cot and toys for her...Couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family