“You get what you pay for and nothing more - avoid if you can afford to!”

Ibis Mumbai Airport
Ranked #46 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai
Los Angeles, California
“You get what you pay for and nothing more - avoid if you can afford to!”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The ibis hotel is adequate. Rooms are clean and the hotel has all the basics, including a restaurant. This hotel is convenient to the airport but not if you want to see Mumbai. Rates are decent compared to others (we paid ~5000 rupees per night).

The biggest drawback here is the lack of service combined with the feeling of being nickel and dimed over everything. Internet costs extra (expected) and in the lobby only comes in 20-minute increments (annoying). Room service is available but if you want it in your room that costs 100 rupees extra pee item (i woild prefer this money to have gone as a tip to the persin who brough it) I could go on with many examples.

As an exapmle of the service, we asked at the front desk for a map of Mumbai and were directed to a rack of tourist maps that were only partial maps and full of adds. Only one guy at the front desk was kind enough to actually print out a complete one for us. Also, even though it was eminently clear two of us were checking in, they only provided us with one room key and one bath towel.

Kitchen wait staff was similarly clueless. We went for lunch at the restaurant and were told we could only order the combo meal if we carried it back to our rooms. After being puzzled by this and agreeing to take the food with us (so that they would allow us to order it!) they came back and said we could eat there after all. Meanwhile all this time another bunch of people were eating their lunch beside us!

We have stayed in many hotels throughout India and have always found the service to have exceeded our expectations. Sadly, the Ibis is an exception to this rule. We will not be staying here again and will certainly think twice about booking with other hotels on this chain.

• Stayed March 2012
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your views with the Trip Advisor community.

We pride upon our friendly service and I am disappointed that you felt the service was bad. On behalf of my team, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and disappointments you encountered during your stay with us. I have noted your feedback in detail and shared it with the relevant Department Heads to initiate corrective measures. I assure you greater care will be taken on your future visits with us.

With regards to In Room dining, there is a charge for delivery, however the guest may pick up the food order from the restaurant at no charge.

We value your feedback, as it is feedback from our esteemed guests, which assist us to review our systems and procedures in striving for better service.

Please do let me know, when you are travelling to Mumbai, as I would be pleased to look after all aspects of your stay personally.

My team and I look forward to your return and assure you of our best service and attention at all times.

Nitin Bhatia
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The biggest plus for Ibis Mumbai Domestic Airport is its location. To me as a business-traveller, this offers exceptional advantage, allowing me to dump my luggage there on arrival, and coming back later in the night for a peaceful night's sleep. The small freebies like complementary airport pick-up and drop-offs are a definite plus. The rooms, though small, are efficiently designed.

The restaurant serves a hearty breakfast, and is one of the few places in Mumbai where I tasted a decent spaghetti carbonara!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Udayadittya
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing ibis Mumbai Airport, we very much appreciate your valuable feedback on our rooms, location, facilities and breakfast offering.

Thank you for your encouraging feedback and compliments to the hotel.

My team and I look forward to your continued visits and assure you of our best service and attention at all times.

Noida, India
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Location is good. Economical hotel with branches all over Europe and other countries. Nice stay there but room service was costly. Rooms are perfect and dining area is also good. But you have to pay for parking..

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ashishmittal28
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and found the product and service "perfect".

We do levy a nominal charge for car parking as due to the location of the hotel, we have to make sure that valet service is available and the car kept securely on our premises.

We eagerly await for your return and hope to be your preferred destination in Mumbai.

Bhopal, India
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This was my first stay at Mumbai city, therefore i cant compare to other hotels in the city. But for me this hotel looked kind of no-frills hotel. They provide bare minimum services in the room rent, and charge for everything else they provide.
Likes:
Clean
Near to airport
Airport drop and pickup
Silent and very calm stay

Dislikes:
I have to carry my baggage to my room, its ok with me, but seemed odd to me
I have to pay for the internet to be used at my room
The room service charges for every-time is Rs. 100
Food not great.
Bathroom was very small and congested.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Achal4ever
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly liked the cleanliness and location of the hotel.

With over 900 hotels worldwide ,ibis Rooms are designed after extensive market research and for maximum comfort and functionality keeping in mind the value proposition. With regards to your comment on porter service, internet and In Room dining, we remove these frills to keep our room rates substantially lower than the hotels in our vicinity to enable us to pass on the benefits to the guests, however the guest may pick up the food order from the restaurant at no charge.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to ibis Mumbai Airport soon.

Mumbai, India
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,174 helpful votes
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My hotel reviews are based upon value received because otherwise it is impossible to compare an Ibis with a Holiday Inn with a Taj with a Aman resort. I paid an average of Rs. 4,000 per nite over a 4 nite stay, and at this price level in Bombay, this is very good value.The price included taxes, breakfast and wifi.

This was my 3rd stay here in the past year. Ibis will be Ibis. It seems and feels more like an airport transit hotel with luggage carts in the lobby, bags stored everywhere, guests crowding the tiny lobby waiting for their flights, and awful food. The breakfast is touted as including south Indian but there are no dosas. I am not sure how can one have south Indian breakfast without dosas. They do offer omelettes made from unborn chickens, but choose not to offer dosas. Their tea and coffee are downright undrinkable coming from the pathetic machine that is sprouting all over India.

If you can avoid the food in the hotel, the hotel is very compact, clean and tidy, with compact but very functional and practical rooms and bathroom. The windows are totally sound proof, and even though I could see airplanes taking off just a few meters away, there was no sound whatsoever.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel good value for money.

I am sorry that your Restaurant experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I would also like to clarify that we are classified as a international multi-cuisine restaurant ,Your feedback on quality of egg and tea/coffee has been noted, and let me assure you that greater care will be taken in the future.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you to ibis Mumbai Airport during your next visit to Mumbai.