“Neat and Clean hotel near airport.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Mumbai Airport

Ibis Mumbai Airport
Ranked #55 of 428 Hotels in Mumbai
Bhopal, India
“Neat and Clean hotel near airport.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

This was my first stay at Mumbai city, therefore i cant compare to other hotels in the city. But for me this hotel looked kind of no-frills hotel. They provide bare minimum services in the room rent, and charge for everything else they provide.
Likes:
Clean
Near to airport
Airport drop and pickup
Silent and very calm stay

Dislikes:
I have to carry my baggage to my room, its ok with me, but seemed odd to me
I have to pay for the internet to be used at my room
The room service charges for every-time is Rs. 100
Food not great.
Bathroom was very small and congested.

1 Thank Achal4ever
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly liked the cleanliness and location of the hotel.

With over 900 hotels worldwide ,ibis Rooms are designed after extensive market research and for maximum comfort and functionality keeping in mind the value proposition. With regards to your comment on porter service, internet and In Room dining, we remove these frills to keep our room rates substantially lower than the hotels in our vicinity to enable us to pass on the benefits to the guests, however the guest may pick up the food order from the restaurant at no charge.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to ibis Mumbai Airport soon.

Nitin Bhatia
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
New York City, New York
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,068 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

My hotel reviews are based upon value received because otherwise it is impossible to compare an Ibis with a Holiday Inn with a Taj with a Aman resort. I paid an average of Rs. 4,000 per nite over a 4 nite stay, and at this price level in Bombay, this is very good value.The price included taxes, breakfast and wifi.

This was my 3rd stay here in the past year. Ibis will be Ibis. It seems and feels more like an airport transit hotel with luggage carts in the lobby, bags stored everywhere, guests crowding the tiny lobby waiting for their flights, and awful food. The breakfast is touted as including south Indian but there are no dosas. I am not sure how can one have south Indian breakfast without dosas. They do offer omelettes made from unborn chickens, but choose not to offer dosas. Their tea and coffee are downright undrinkable coming from the pathetic machine that is sprouting all over India.

If you can avoid the food in the hotel, the hotel is very compact, clean and tidy, with compact but very functional and practical rooms and bathroom. The windows are totally sound proof, and even though I could see airplanes taking off just a few meters away, there was no sound whatsoever.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel good value for money.

I am sorry that your Restaurant experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I would also like to clarify that we are classified as a international multi-cuisine restaurant ,Your feedback on quality of egg and tea/coffee has been noted, and let me assure you that greater care will be taken in the future.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you to ibis Mumbai Airport during your next visit to Mumbai.

New Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Seldom does one experience a Hotel doing things the perfect way. Not going overboard and making it flashy, not overpricing the menu or tariff or for that matter sell smiles as a costly give away. The Location does it, the staff does it, the security makes one comfortable and somehow the Hotel has managed to make perfect sense of the menu for a business traveller with delicacies chosen for time slots throughout the day.

A suggestion? Yes 2, they should have a travel desk that breaks the cartel of blue taxi operators that seem to charge obnoxious amounts.

2: Please hire someone on the other side of the Housekeeping Telephone Line.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite to the lift exit seem to be better. Only one "smoking floor though" and yes...
1 Thank JatinAgg
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review of our hotel on trip advisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and the services and facilities extended by my team were to your satisfaction.

Your feedback on the housekeeping telephone line has been noted. Let me assure you that the issue has been taken up with all the seriousness that it deserves and corrective action has been implemented.

Yorkshire, Uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I am just back from India and spent 2 nights at the Ibis Mumbai. The first night was before flying to Goa from the domestic terminal and then one on the way back. Getting to the domestic terminal couldn't have been easier using the hotel courtesy car which only takes a matter of minutes.We flew back from Goa with Air India whose flilght (unbeknown to us)was going on to Thailand so we ended up flying in to the International Airport which is not so convenient for this hotel. The hotel charge 1200rupees for International Airport transfers which is expensive as a prepaid taxi booked at the airport charges 220 rupees but this can be a bit of a hastle.
Having said this, this is my only complaint of the hotel. The staff were excellent (even agreeing to arrange a parcel for me to be sent to Delhi on my first night and settling up with them a few days later on my last night). The hotel is a year old and still looks very fresh and clean. The rooms and hotel in general are of a high standard one of the best Ibis Hotels I have stayed in anywhere in the world and much better quality accommodation than many other supposedly higher star class hotel at Mumbai airport for a better price. The breakfast is excellent and although the bar is a bit plain, had everything needed for a relaxing drink. The hotel is on a very busy road but I could not believe how good the double glazing in the room was and heard absolutle no noise although I was looking at lanes & lanes of Mumbai's famous noisy traffic only a few feet from my window. I will definitely stay here again.

1 Thank SaltsUK
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for valuable feedback and positive comments about ibis Mumbai Airport. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly liked the rooms, cleanliness and breakfast.

I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction and it was our pleasure to have been of service to you.

The team joins me in thanking you for your gracious comments and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to ibis Mumbai Airport soon.

Goa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

This is my second stay at this property of IBIS ! and I give it five star in basic comfort. No much fancy options, but everything is just perfect for stay. Rooms are small, but pretty much filled with basic requirement including refrigerator. Beds are comfortable for 2, A.C is pretty powerful. Breakfast is well laid. Hotel is Clean and tidy. Soundproofing is double so almost no disturbance from noise though hotel is just feet’s away from express way. Small food menu with Rs. 100 extra charges for room delivery, with option to collect from restaurant. Price to pay one should pay is not more then Rs. 5500 as neighbouring full service hotels start at around 6500 including holiday inn for advance purchase.

Room Tip: higher floors facing sahara star i.e south, one has partial unobstructed view of run way and express...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing ibis Mumbai Airport, we are very pleased that your stay left you with a positive impression.

We very much appreciate your valuable feedback on our rooms, facilities, cleanliness and breakfast offering.

Thank you for your encouraging feedback and compliments to the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Mumbai Airport in the future.